Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving in tips?

Options
  • 05-07-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi All

Am moving in next week yay! but its all a bit sudden, has anyone got any tips to make the whole process easier? Also when should utility companies be notified? should I leave it until I move out and no longer need the service in that property? Or should I get on to them now and advise of new address?

thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

dubgirl wrote:
    Hi All

Am moving in next week yay! but its all a bit sudden, has anyone got any tips to make the whole process easier? Also when should utility companies be notified? should I leave it until I move out and no longer need the service in that property? Or should I get on to them now and advise of new address?

thanks for any suggestions!

Hi there,

The builders should have registered the utilities in your name, I don't know if they can transfer a/c numbers from one address to another, it will probably be a totally new account. Don't cancel any services in your old address until you are 100% certain that the new place is 100% ready for you.

Don't know if they are any good, but check out newaddress.ie

Best of luck with the move :)

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Make sure to feed any stray puppies that show up at your door.....it won't make your life any easier, but it'll satisfy my hunger.

Welcome to Charlesland
    Woof!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

The number one tip I can think of (although you've probably thought of it already!) is don't move any furniture in until yo uhave your flooring down! Otherwise the floor-layers have to work around your furniture.

Other than that I can't think of anything, except watch out for paint down your loo! The builders had disposed of paint down ours and I had to scoop it all out, not very pleasant when they have been using your toilet, believe me!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Bring everything and the Kitchen sink;)

I'm in a giddy mood at the moment, don't take any notice.

Welcome to Charlesland, it's a nice area and you'll love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

thanks folks - will pack the sink, check the loo's, get floors done first, oh and throw an ole bone or two to any mangy lookin strays that turn up at my door ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daveyo

hey babe.. also a note to moving in ..do feed cousins and cousins partner whenever they decide to just happen to pop by.. carbonara is always a good bet.. also Budweiser is accecptable.. ur initiation ceremony will take place two weeks after moving.. you will be informed in due course as to venue i have the eyes wide shut style paraphanalia so no need to panic :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

don't worry cuz - you and cuz's partner will be 1st on my special guest list!

Advertisement