Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paying for insurance

Options
  • 05-07-2006 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

When you go the route of paying every month for your insurance, do you have to pay for a full year or can you pay just for six months.

Is there any extra cost when you go this route?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think all companys require a minimum of 1 year for a policy.
    Regarding payment, if you pay over a period of time (6 months or whatever) then you pay an interest charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

ok, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You can cancel your insurance mid-way through the year and get a refund minus an administration charge.

The interest you pay to the insurance when you pay monthly is usually huge by the way. I used a credit union loan to pay for my insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Stark wrote:
    You can cancel your insurance mid-way through the year and get a refund minus an administration charge.
    The administration charge is 33% to 50% of the remaining policy, depending on the extortion racket, ahem sorry, insurance company.

Advertisement