Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trying to sell a car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I see Big Nelly is still talking sh1te, as always.:D :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Stupid Thread Ruining Comment:
    Big Nelly wrote:
    First off the Peugeot is a bad car, and the 206 is a terrible one. And I was told that by the sales guy for Peugeot..

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Jeez Big Nelly, no fans on this Forum, have you!!! :eek:

No, I do understand what you're saying & thanks for your comments.

Thanks to everyone else also.
    This thread will be a wee big more constructive tomorrow when I have details & pictures for you.

Boozy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

BoozyBabe wrote:

To be fair, he's been making a fool of himself for quite some time now. People get tired...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Anan1 wrote:
    To be fair, he's been making a fool of himself for quite some time now. People get tired...

Stick him on yer ignore list....he does tend to talk some ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

How about putting one of those "For Sale" signs on the back windows of the car and always parking somewhere that they will be seen. I can't vouch for its success, but at least it is free.

I don't know where you live, but maybe try advertising in a local newspaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

BoozyBabe wrote:

Who needs fans? if you disagree with one of them they take offence and then follow you round trying to get you banned. It really doesn't matter to me because Im just looking at a computer screen, some people take it personal. Not moi, if you post anything they will cut out your point and just take part of a sentance and quote that and make out they are great! see above for references, Anyway good luck with the sale, hope your thread isn't ruining

Just seen maidhc post, knew I forgot something, I used to do this all the time with my cars when I was selling, would leave in clonee village with a for sale sign on them over the weekend and you where bound to get alot of calls because the village would be mental busy. SOld 5-6 cars this way.

Unfortunately he / we live in the @rsehole of nowhere!!

He has it out at the side of the road with the for sale sign on it, but there's not that much passing traffic, & the traffic that is passing would be more on the lookout for a 2nd hand tractor & slurry tanker than a Peugeot 206 :D:D

Hes had it in the local paper too.

Poor guy's fcuked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Has he put it on CBG? It's been quite good for me.

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the details & I can put up an ad.

Carzone or CBG? Which you reckon is best?
    Carzone:- once off payment of €30
    CBG:- €30 for 3 weeks.
    Does anyone actually buy the CBG mag? I thought its layout was lousy one time I bought it, so never have since.

No, not advertised here yet.
    I was asking which was best above, taking prices into consideration.

As far as I'm aware it been advertised in the Autotrader for a long time now with no success, the Buy&Sell & the local paper.
    No joy anywhere.

I haven't seen the ads he's been putting in & I can't find them on the websites, but I suspect he's not selling it to its full potential, so I've asked for all the details & I'm going to advertise it on one of those sites listed above, tomorrow.

I'm steering towards Carzone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Carzone I found the best so far, alot of people seem to use and selling GF car at the moment and getting alot of interest since I stuck it up. Mostly in autotrader it is boy racer cars or Northern reg cars so I have never used that, stick it up for free in buyandsell. Still has a very good audience down the country, carzone and CBG are mostly used in the Dublin area, I also find CBG not the best so stuck up here car for a week or something with no pic for a euro or something. Not sure if anything came out of it.

Advertisement