Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asp.net

Options
  • 05-07-2006 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey guys,

2 questions:

I'm currently copying over files to a particular directory using command prompt but the thing is I want a script or something to do this for me and don't have much expertise in that area, anybody any ideas about how I would go about doing this???

I have also webpages created in asp.net but they have to be changed as the servers they'll be working from don't have the framework and IIS thingy. Anybody know anything similat to asp.net???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭peteym

well this was a popular question - thanks for the help people:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'm currently copying over files to a particular directory using command prompt but the thing is I want a script or something to do this for me and don't have much expertise in that area, anybody any ideas about how I would go about doing this???

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=windows+batch+files+tutorial&btnG=Google+Search
    I have also webpages created in asp.net but they have to be changed as the servers they'll be working from don't have the framework and IIS thingy. Anybody know anything similat to asp.net???

Depends on what the server will have. You don't happen to know off hand do you? perchance...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

peteym wrote:
    In short no. Either you'll have to get the framework and IIS on the servers, or you'll have to find out what is on the servers and do the webpages from scratch to match that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GiantCranes

peteym wrote:

As mentioned, batch files will help you here. Other possibilities include createing a .NET console application or a MSBuild project.
    peteym wrote:

Why not just install ASP.NET on the server? If it is not a windows machine, try Mono - it works on linux and has pretty good support for ASP.NET 1.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

peteym wrote:
    Hey guys,

2 questions:

xcopy?

peteym wrote:

Why did you build asp.net web applications when you can't deploy to a windows server? Do the asp.net pages have anything more complicated than HTML in them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement