Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aisleyne and the Irish?

Options
  • 05-07-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I watched the highlights last night and Aisleyne was going on about loving the Irish and perhaps voting to put Spiralyeah? into the house but then she said something about not doing that because of her family!!?!?

Anyone know what this is about, did I miss something or mis-hear it. She seemed very confused about it and almost afraid of the consequences for her outside of the house if she voted Spiralyeah? in!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Shes a gobsh*te... She thinks the public don't know about the twist thing re the evictees going straight into the main house.. and that if she evicts him the Irish will be mad at her.. But sure even if that was true, they'd be mad at her for all of 5 minutes :rolleyes: I don't know what shes on tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

She likes the Irish and her family are Irish! I always thought she looked Irish!

py2006 wrote:
    She likes the Irish and her family are Irish! I always thought she looked Irish!
    She does actually... I could see her living in Tallaght or somewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

xanti- rofl!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

she probably does like the Irish as some of her family are Irish... and afterall were a likeable bunch;)

but she is also making sure to mention it in an attempt to get the Irish vote. she really is coming across quite dumb tho suggesting the public dont know about the twist its as if she has forgotten that everything is shown to the public and that they know far more than her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

py2006 wrote:

How do you look Irish exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

padi89 wrote:

The same way you look Spanish or Italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

padi89 wrote:

Can you not tell? The flaming, curly red hair, pale skin and freckles gives it away, especially when she wears her Irish Dancing shoes :D

Yeah, I don't think you can say she looks Irish, you can say she looks like any number of Skanger/Chav girls though! By that I mean, she dresses, talks and acts in a manner that has become associated with a certain section of society that can include members of both working and middle class social grouping demographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

shes a retard.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

From Grace Dent's Big Brother Blog on radiotimes.com
    Inside the diary room sits Ash, clearly in need of a mood-enhancing double flic-flac somersault. "If I move Spiral, Big Bruvver, then he'll go next door…but what if he doesn't? But he probably will! And then you might not show it on TV! What will the people of Ireland think?!"

Ash has gone a bit insane since Friday's fake eviction. She has an otherworldly, Stepford Wives look on her face. "The people of Ireland. I love them! My family are from there! What will they think?!" cries Ash, going into full Eva Peron mode, "They will think I've betrayed them!"

Oh, calm down, Ash. Ireland is a nation of hardy individuals. I think they've weathered greater storms than watching a rave monkey in a Kappa tracksuit move his glow sticks and Vic's inhaler 50 metres over a fence in Borehamwood. "I don't want to cause offence!" Ash says. Really? Try putting on knickers or shutting your knees when you go into the diary room in a negligee then, that might be a start. Or buy a bigger pot of peroxide next time. You've missed a bit.

• Advertisement

Careful now, you'll have the Grace fan club on your back!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

py2006 wrote:

on her mother's side. I believe they are from Limerick actually, just that I read that somewhere.

The same way you look Spanish or Italian.

Honestly i could never tell by looking at someone what country they are from.Irish,British,French,American,Australian ,New Zealand etc , they all look similar to me.

I dont know the difference in looks between Spanish,Portugese,Italian,Croation etc , infact you can throw most of Southern and Central America in with that list too.

You can certainly give a rough guess to what region in the world they may be from but certainly not pin point a country on looks alone.

Now if she walked into the house in a Leprachaun suit,crock of gold under her arm supping on a pint of Guinness then i would say yup shes probably Irish or maybe some over enthusiastic Yank emphasising their Irish roots.:D

You can tell most Irish people apart from other countries as alot of us are short, over-weight, pale, bad skin and a bit goofy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

ah but I bet if you put an american into the mix you pick them out a mile away

py2006 wrote:
    You can tell most Irish people apart from other countries as alot of us are short, over-weight, pale, bad skin and a bit goofy!

Speak for yourself :p

padi89 wrote:
    Speak for yourself :p
    Oh I would be most of the above but so are ALOT of Irish people!

py2006 wrote:
    Oh I would be most of the above but so are ALOT of Irish people!

But so are alot of English,Welsh and Scottish.In fact alot of people in Northen Frnace ,Belgium,Netherlands and parts of Germany look very alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

on her mother's side. I believe they are from Limerick actually, just that I read that somewhere.
    that explains it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Has anyone noticed that Ash is looking more and more like Charlize Theron when she was in that film, Monster??

There's a scary resemblance?? I think Ash is ok but I've just noticed this the last few days, or have I gone mad!?

• Advertisement

tinkerbell wrote:
    Has anyone noticed that Ash is looking more and more like Charlize Theron when she was in that film, Monster??

There's a scary resemblance?? I think Ash is ok but I've just noticed this the last few days, or have I gone mad!?

Oh my God... I knew she reminded me of someone.. LOL... well spotted :D .... I think she reached the peak of her Monserequeness on Wednesday night in the Diary Room...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

I think she's the sort of girl who needs a lot of stuff to look good, and tbh she is pretty fit, but seriously, she could comb the hair, wash the face and generally wear some nice clothes from time to time.

There have been a few times she look snice, but yeah she does seem like one of those hot chicks that need maintenance to look hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ghirl88

I heard somewhere recently that she grew up in County Kilburn (that lesser known Irish county in North West London) anyone know if that's true? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

robnubis wrote:
    I think she's the sort of girl who needs a lot of stuff to look good, and tbh she is pretty fit, but seriously, she could comb the hair, wash the face and generally wear some nice clothes from time to time.

There have been a few times she look snice, but yeah she does seem like one of those hot chicks that need maintenance to look hot.
    very similar to my next door neighbour.
    she was wearing make-up when she was 12 and now her face is in bits at the age of 21.
    a lesson to all you teenage girls reading. all that crap may cover up a few spots, but you are better off wearing no make-up and letting your face clear up naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

robnubis wrote:

and this has what to do with her irishness?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

xzanti wrote:
    Oh my God... I knew she reminded me of someone.. LOL... well spotted :D .... I think she reached the peak of her Monserequeness on Wednesday night in the Diary Room...
    It's in the eyes! Her eyes are the same - Charlize Theron had dark contact lenses in for that film, and they are exactly the same. But the rest of her facial features seem to be morphing more and more into that character as well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

shes a retard.

They're all retards, each and every one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Then why troll the forum?No-one wants to hear your opinions unless you like Big Bro

Sweet wrote:
    Then why troll the forum?No-one wants to hear your opinions unless you like Big Bro

People who dont like BB have to make a point of letting you know their feelings.

Thank God that do this, its really important that we know their viewpoint.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Kinda guessed she must have irish blood in her when she said what her name is.. Its obviously a misspelling/derivation of Aisling.

A lot of irish names end up being spelt differently abroad due to people not being able to get their heads around them. Only surprised that its not spelt "Ashleyne".

Advertisement