Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance

Options
  • 05-07-2006 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just two quick questions. Is Allianz the only company that does pet insurance, and if you make a claim during the year, how does this affect your renewal premium?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

are 2 mutts are insured with Allianz - Petplan couldn't find another company that insured pets.

Haven't made a claim so no idea, but I assume its like any insurance your premium goes up slightly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pipp

My dogs are with Allianz too, and Ive had to claim there last week, had a v. sick pup:(
    I am delighted we had insurance as the vet basically said to me that the treatment was going to be quite pricey and if I didnt have insurance then Id have to really consider if I wanted to go ahead with it at all:( .
    I would have paid for it either way, but at least the insurance minimizies the damage to my wallet.
    Pup is much better now thank goodness so we're all happy.:D
    And Allianz are the only Irish Insurance Company that covers pets because I phoned all of the major ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

yeah.. Its a must for me, one of my gundogs is a complete moron. I have claimed twice and he is only one. Saved me about 600 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

woo hoo insurance is a wonderful thing, i dont think claiming effects your yearly amount... i work in a vets and if more ppl insured their pets well alot more could be saved,

prices range from 11.50 per month for crossbreeds to 16 a month for purebreeds, its higher for them due to inherited medically issues!!!!

cats im not too sure but cheaper again

your excess is 60 per problem per year!!!! which is nothing but you have to get their yearly booster and flea and worm treatment as this is standard health care......

many many dogs and cats have come through the practice and many have limbs and eyes etc now that they would not of had if they didnt have insurace

Advertisement