Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asrock corrupts data on overclock

Options
  • 05-07-2006 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I've got an asrock motherboard and despite everything I do it corrupts the data on my hard disk when I overclock my P4 805 on it, any overclock setting i enough to do this, is there any way apart from buying an sata controller that
    I can sort this one out? even downloading the latest bios does not work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

What board do you have? Are you sure your memory is staying in spec when you up the FSB?

Chances are that it has no PCI\AGP lock. In this case, even dropping a new SATA controller card wont solve the problem, as the PCI speed is still going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

TBH, I wouldnt try overclock on an asrock, thigs like this happen.
    Spend the little bit more cash on a decent board to aviod errors and data loss when overlcoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tengu

Yep, I'll definitely never touch those boards again, I'll soldier on for the moment
    and see if the sata controller card will solve the problem, Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

see if the sata controller card will solve the problem, Cheers

Waste of time and money with no dividers\lock support with the board on the PCI bus, but hey if you have plenty of both, go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tengu

Hmmm, I'll see if I can get a good intel motherboard or if DFI do a p4 board,
    I've wasted enough time with the thing already, I don't think I'd even sell the asrock board I've had so much problems with it.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Asus do the Best overall P4 boards for overclocking.
    try a P4WD2 premuim or something similar. You wont be dissapointed.
    DFI are a good second choice.
    Intel only good for OC on conroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

TBH, I wouldnt try overclock on an asrock, thigs like this happen.

Not quite :p

Though that particular board is probably a bit crappy if it has no lock.

Advertisement