Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Outage at Hosting365

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

smarty wrote:
    Your issue is a DNS issue. I tried to ping www.dole.ie and it would not resolve.

Well, it's all via hosting365... Hopefully it's fixed soon. I'm sure they're trying their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah my site went offline at lunch time.
    Im amazed I only got one database error email. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

DOLEMAN wrote:
    Well, it's all via hosting365... Hopefully it's fixed soon. I'm sure they're trying their best.
    Your name servers are configured as ns1.hostago.com. This server is hosted by hosting365. This server is not processing DNS request. It might be an idea to send an email to support@hostago.com.

smarty wrote:
    Your name servers are configured as ns1.hostago.com. This server is hosted by hosting365. This server is not processing DNS request. It might be an idea to send an email to support@hostago.com.

Yes, as I said earlier, my server is down.

I have contacted H365 already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

DOLEMAN wrote:
    Yes, as I said earlier, my server is down.

I have contacted H365 already...
    Your server may not be down. The domain name www.dole.ie is not being resolved to an IP address. Take a look at the attached image. When I ping www.hosting365.ie it resolves the name to the IP Address 82.195.144.16.

When I attempt to Ping www.dole.ie, it says that it could not find the host www.dole.ie. This does not mean your server is down. It means that there is a DNS issue.

This doesn't tell us whether your server is up or down, but it does tell us that you have another issue.

• Advertisement

Well, my server is also my DNS server, so my server is down... or they've broken my DNS thingy. Either way, that pesky fire did something! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

smarty wrote:
    The quickest way to reach the masses would be to put a message on the Hosting365 site or hosting365 forum.

And a quick way to reach customers who mightn't know that their site is even down yet would be to post on one of Ireland's most popular discussion forums.

Sico wrote:
    And a quick way to reach customers who mightn't know that their site is even down yet would be to post on one of Ireland's most popular discussion forums.

Most people in Ireland have not heard of Boards.ie. Only a small group of nerds know about it. Don't believe me? Ask random people do they use boards.ie. Pretty much all will say, "What is boards.ie?"

Normal customer service would be to let your customers know there is a problem (post on H365 website) rather than answering questions on a discussion forum.

However, I believe boards.ie is owned by someone who works for H365, and I understand their image is important, so posting here is not a terrible thing to do. They should have announced on their website first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You must be talking about Regi.

Does he own boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sparky-s wrote:
    You must be talking about Regi.

Regi no longer works for 365. He moved to Digiweb a couple of months ago

• Advertisement

Anyone elses server still down?

Ah this is ridiculous. The explanation in their forum is suggesting they just lost power and everything was sorted in less than an hour, but that's obviously not the case.

My server is still down, and they're not answering my support calls (3 calls, 2 voice messages) or e-mails (2 e-mails)...

I can't access their support forum without an administrator first manually verifying my account...

Come on H365, at least let me know what's going on!

Just got an update from H365.

I love boards.ie! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Doleman,

Would I be right in thinking your issue related to Bind (your DNS server) not starting up again after the server came back online?

That was the only major issue I had with the outage, a server I look after came back up but MySQL was still down.

If so be sure that bind is now added to programs that start automatically on boot up so it doesn't crop up again.

Well, the H365 guy did say my server was down until he rang me (9.20ish), so I'm assuming it was totally dead. However I will check to see if bind is on autostart, just in case...

Cheers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

It should be Hosting364 now then I guess

Doleman: should you not try and use some other DNS service too, just in case? Even 364's one? Better yet someone elses?

Yeah, I know. The reason for my original DNS setup is complicated (was required at the time), but another fallback would be the clever thing to do! Indeed...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cruel but funny. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭eoge

Love it! :) Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Sico wrote:
    A significant number of the readers of this forum are H365 customers. Pretty quick way to reach the masses IMO.

Their own forums, their own website, their own ticket support system, their customer email database? I can understand a delay, while they wipe the brows stuff off the fan blades. I can't understand why they wouldn't let their customers know (not just a tiny subset) first.

.cg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Nah, they had a day spare from the last leap year. It's all good.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Haha, excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

So is everyone happy that h364 and a half is back? All servers up and running? No then goto h365 :)

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement