Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do I keep getting Tax Returns?

Options
  • 05-07-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

about 3 years ago I got some shares/BIK stuff from work and had to file a tax return for it.
    Now every year I keep getting a tax return even though I am purely a PAYE employee...
    Am I always going to have to fill one out or is there anything I can do to go back to "normal"?

cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Just ring or email and inform them. I think the terms to use are "de-register for self assessment" or "no longer self employed"

Cant see why it'd be too difficult...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Like Savman said, ring your local tax office and ask them to change your tax status to PAYE-only if that's the case. Always take the name of person you dealt with, so it is easier to follow up later on.

Mart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Happened to me a good few years ago, sold shares I had been given in the company I then worked for and then every year after got the form to fill out - can only reiterate the advice you have been given already - ring up, get the name of the person you are dealing with, tell them that you have no income other than that already assessed under PAYE - confirm this in writing to them and from then on keep going back to that same person in the tax office - and follow up in writing each time. It takes patience but eventually they will remove you from the non-paye income list - at least until your next share transaction.........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey,
    In contacted the office (via email) and received a reply the next day.
    They posted out a Tax Registration Cancellation Notification form.
    You can un-register for Corporate Tax, Income Tax, VAT, PAYE/PRSI & RCT using this form.

Thanks.

Advertisement