Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints about threads

Options
  • 05-07-2006 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

I'm relatively new to this site. I can see how I might complain to a "moderator" about the content of a particular post but is there a way that I can contact someone who oversees the site and its use?

In particular I've been looking into a thread under "spirituality" and it is shocking to think that a vulnerable person or a child could "stumble" into it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

What about it is the problem?

I can see nothing in it anymore damaging than many other forums on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Jackie laughlin I have already asked you to speak to me about what it is you have an issue with.
    There is a chain of command here at boards and it goes forum moderator, super moderator and then the site owners who are the admin.
    You have issue with one of the threads in one of the forums that I moderate what are your concerns ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 byrnep

Why is that I can reply to some posts and not to others? I'm obviously new here but I want to join in a chat about the match last nite and it says I don't have sufiicient priviledges. What the **** is all that about?

byrnep get your own thread in the help forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

byrnep wrote:
    Why is that I can reply to some posts and not to others? I'm obviously new here but I want to join in a chat about the match last nite and it says I don't have sufiicient priviledges. What the **** is all that about?

You need to get an access request for soccer. Have a read here and it will tell you why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Use the report post button if you think the content of a thread is questionable:report.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

And until you post your concerns for the users of the spirituality forum to see, none of us know why you are objecting. The forum is a place we find very positive and safe, its non religious, no one tries to force their views on anyone else. I cannot understand what you find to object to. There are far more offensive posts in AH any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think she isn't reporting it to you Thaedydal because she wants the whole forum shut down.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51671403#post51671403

Jackie is there something in particular? From what I have read there is nothing there that frighting or would hurt a child. Heck 5 seconds in google will get you worse (as would watching the news).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 byrnep

Thaedydal wrote:
    byrnep get your own thread in the help forum.

Thaedydal (whatever that means!!) why don't you clear off to another thread if you are not going to answer a simple question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

OP. Come back when you've PM'd a mod, or reported a post on the thread, adding the comment that other posts in the same thread have the same issue AND then left it a reasonable length of time for a mod to deal with this and still haven't had anything.

byrnep. What on earth does that have to do with the topic in this thread? Why exactly do you need to add "What the **** is all that about?" when you haven't even explained just what it is you are trying to do yet?

Have a bit more cop-on and manners and you might even get an answer to your questions before you get banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Hobbes wrote:
    I think she isn't reporting it to you Thaedydal because she wants the whole forum shut down.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51671403#post51671403
    Ah, I see.

Of course if we disallowed forums due to the prejudices of every random weirdo what would we have left?

All of the religious forums would be shut down.

All of the arts forums.

Games would be gone pretty quickly.

The rest would take a while to fall, but they'd all be gone soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The mod forum will be the first against the wall. And rightly so. Those B***ARDS.

Its nice to see people feel strongly about things but respect for others beliefs is very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is there somethign hidden in that thread thats meant to explain everything?

The comments by JL have been removed. The OP here thought it was irresponsible to have a thread suggesting the people posting about the possiblity of psychic and such being would be damaging if kids or gullable people found it.

ahh i see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Thaed removed all the comments to "bring it back on topic". It would have been nice to see what the problem was alright, though.

This was the posting what was previously linked to it was removed from the thread as it was off topic.
    I may have unintentionally started a thread under "feedback" by asking if anyone knew of a method for submitting overall rather than particular complaints.

I would not like a child, a person experiencing some sort of crisis or a naive, credulous individual to be exposed to people who believe in psychic powers, astrology, paranormal activity, etc. etc.

I've avoided the use of inverted commas above in case I offend believers.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Gordon wrote:
    The mod forum will be the first against the wall. And rightly so. Those B***ARDS.
    I hate them so >:*(

Edit: hit "post reply" enough times there Thaed?

< as above.

• Advertisement

My pc or the site froze.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6th and Stevenmu have warped my fragile little mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Won't somebody please think of the children!?!

HelenLovejoy.jpg

6th and Stevenmu have warped my fragile little mind.

Ok now you ahve to come on a "retreat" with us so we can make you pure again .... and bring your cheque book ;)

Edit: fixed

complaints about theads

could the r be a typo...DA DA DAAAAH!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddbWl4r71tQ&search=venture)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

JL's last post was cleared before I read it. Im so glad she didnt use inverted commas, or I wouldve been so offended.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

BlitzKrieg wrote:

If you read it 'backwards' it says 'Satan' over and over again.

Complaint about my what exactly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It actually probably says Lady Death but that would be giving the game away

/me awaits a shower of clotted cream

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    could the r be a typo...DA DA DAAAAH!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddbWl4r71tQ&search=venture)

THAT!..... Was awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement