Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Behind the Crescent

Options
  • 05-07-2006 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Was talking to one of my mates there last night and he let me know that the land behind the crescent (which was supposed to be landscaped) has been rezoned to residential land after the killinkarrig/kilcoole road upgrade plan was refused...

Has anyone more info on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

sorry Matt - no info for you. A friend of mine rang up H & McD though and were told that Charlesland was finished. No more residential coming up at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Yeah i heard that too except for the planning application thats going/gone in for the houses across from jaskie skelly's gym (where the barn is)
    And i was also told the houses to the left of the crescent were only goin up "so far" but they exceded the mark by about 20 metres!

I take anything the property agents say with a very large pinch of salt!
    Myself and my m8 (lives a couple of doors down) have caught them out royally a few time!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

dubgirl wrote:
    sorry Matt - no info for you. A friend of mine rang up H & McD though and were told that Charlesland was finished. No more residential coming up at all!

Charlesland estate may be done now, but that doesn't mean other estates won't be built in the locality - as Matt mentioned, the land opposite Jackie Skellys, to the back of a load of houses was initially zoned as commercial land, but is expected to be re-zoned as residential. Personally I would prefer houses there to warehouses, but then again my view or garden (that I don't have) won't be affected, so it's easy for me to say that!

Advertisement