Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Pearse St. a safe area

Options
  • 05-07-2006 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I was wondering whether Pearse St. is a safe area. I am starting a job in Shelbourne Park in the next few weeks but it involves walking down pearse st. from town- is it a safe street to be on or do I risk being mugged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is this rope long enough for the job?

Most of Dublin City is dodgy. Pearse St. is dodgy. Ergo, there is always a potential risk of being mugged. Take the usual precaustions as you should everywhere. I've walked around that area numerous times. I've seen a slightly higher than average junky population... That's the best I can do. I've never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I"ve lived in the Pearse Street area (in different places) for the last 5 years and done the walk plenty of times and had no trouble whatsoever. I'd say it was one of the better areas in town - nice, even! With the new apartments and lighting up at the Canal Basin, it should be even safer. You can pop in for a drink at the Ocean on your way home, or dinner at Franks (v.nice).

You might get a little trouble outside the Lido or Pearse Tavern very late at night, but I'd say that would be rare. And now the Widow Scallan's been knocked down, that's out of the equation completely.

Walking to/from work during day hours should be no problem at all. Better than sitting in the traffic jam that Pearse Street is about 6pm.

I'm moving out the Navan Road in October - I'll be sorry to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

It's grand, it's just like anywhere else in Dubland - keep yourself to yourself and you'll be fine :) , just don't make eye contact :p no seriously don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The job is an evening job. I will be walking home at about 10.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

I have to walk down pearse street every morning and evening for college. It's quite safe. After all there is a massive police station
    on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I live on Pearse Street...it's fine, never had any hassle.

Just remember to cover up your Rangers jersey when you're passing the Pearse Tavern

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Bollox - walked down Pearse every day for the last 3 months nary a problem. Add to that the drunken stumbles home ... I never ever feel threatened.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

Grand place, there is so many new apartments and houses going up that I honestly think that it would be safer to walk Pearse Street than any other part of Dublin. Always people about. And it's brilliant for getting taxis! Never waiting long there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Karoma wrote:
    Most of Dublin City is dodgy. Pearse St. is dodgy.

Bull**** (no offence.)

I've lived in the City Centre for 10 years. Dublin is safe. You'll only get trouble if -

1. You're looking for it.
    2. You're being an idiot.
    3. You're really really really unlucky.

Sure, I've seen a couple of fights around town, but they're other people fighting, who know each other.

Pearse Street is grand. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Agree with all of the positive posts with regard to Pearse st above...
    I live in Charlotte Quay for 4 years and walked up and down Pearse st at least once a day... Never had any troubles what so ever... nor even noticed any!

The only problem i has was the lousy bus service... and then a week after i left they changed the bus routes... Not there must be a bus every 2 minutes into CC from Ringsend... so there are no worries for OP if they are working late...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

DOLEMAN wrote:
    Sure, I've seen a couple of fights around town, but they're other people fighting, who know each other.

LOL, I can just imagine

"We've known each other since we were kids, what will we do tonight"

"Have a punch-up?"

"Sound"....smack

Advertisement