Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling in a Stacker 830

Options
  • 05-07-2006 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Anyone installed a dual rad in a stacker 830 yet? tring to find the best place :-)

images would be a great help too :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I rekcon it would install just fine in the front....just need to make a couple of brackets and screw them into the sides of the drive bays.

I did this recently to a Stacker 810. I'm guessing the width is the same on an 830. Took me about 10 minutes to make brackets from 2mm aluminium and its solid as a rock in there.

This ad on Adverts shows the result....I deleted the pics from my end:o

just use velcro and you dont have to destroy the case..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

well its a bit different then the cooler master stacker 810¬ so its impossible to mount on the front! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Drapper wrote:
    well its a bit different then the cooler master stacker 810¬ so its impossible to mount on the front! :-(

You should swap it for a 'proper' Stacker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

As far as I remember you only have 10 drive bays, so Hds take up 3, rad takes 6. so If you dont want a Dvd drive or power switchs go for it. Ps, I just cut a hole in the top of my stacker and mounted the psu at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

either top or bottom... top will require a lot of drilling, but the bottom already has a rectangle ut out which allows good airflow out the bottom of the case.

you got a link to the exact case you have as im not sure what they look like and i am lazy to google, lol

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/stacker830/

http://www.systemcooling.com/cm_stacker830-01.html

http://reviews.pimprig.com/cases/cooler_master_stacker_830_case.php

reviews!

I'm gonna put it inside the case in the bottom, but there is a no vents in the bottom! so I might have to mod it! is it ok to sit there for a while? withou t holes in the base!

I've a swiftech dual rad with 2 * 120mm fans mounted on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Drapper wrote:
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/stacker830/

http://www.systemcooling.com/cm_stacker830-01.html

http://reviews.pimprig.com/cases/cooler_master_stacker_830_case.php

reviews!

I'm gonna put it inside the case in the bottom, but there is a no vents in the bottom! so I might have to mod it! is it ok to sit there for a while? withou t holes in the base!

I've a swiftech dual rad with 2 * 120mm fans mounted on it

Iv tried mounting a rad to the bottom of a case without cutting any venting holes, it didnt work at all! Had to move it after a few hours as it just wasnt doing the job. The water was actually heating up.

Iv tried mounting a rad to the bottom of a case without cutting any venting holes, it didnt work at all! Had to move it after a few hours as it just wasnt doing the job. The water was actually heating up.

in a new stacker 830? where did you end up mounting it ?

• Advertisement

Drapper wrote:
    in a new stacker 830? where did you end up mounting it ?

No, that was in my lanboy but i cant see that the case is going to make a difference. Placing it on any flat surface just wont work, fans have no where to get/move air from. The hot air seemed to just hover around in one area.
    Perhaps if you suspended the rad off the floor a bit, but you're gonna need to get fresh air from somewhere.

No, that was in my lanboy but i cant see that the case is going to make a difference. Placing it on any flat surface just wont work, fans have no where to get/move air from. The hot air seemed to just hover around in one area.
    Perhaps if you suspended the rad off the floor a bit, but you're gonna need to get fresh air from somewhere.

fans are mounted on the top of the rad facing down! ............ hummm need to mesh the underneath me thinks!!!

Drapper wrote:
    fans are mounted on the top of the rad facing down! ............ hummm need to mesh the underneath me thinks!!!

Those fans are gonna be getting all the warm air from your hdd's,gfx and north bridge :o

closeupradiator9az0ql.jpg

trying to do this in the case, will heat eb an issue??

lights7hp0pn.jpg

this is the aim, well not the coper pipes, this guy went a bit OTT

thats the way i have mine setup and heat is not an issue as there is a big rectangle cut out off the old stackers, temps are lovely and low with my rig

gline wrote:
    thats the way i have mine setup and heat is not an issue as there is a big rectangle cut out off the old stackers, temps are lovely and low with my rig

thanks Gline thats what I want to hear!! might mod the bottom for air circulation ! but with the CM stacker 830 its all mesh so circulation is not an issue like other cases!

will have them pics l8r for ya :D

well here goes the pics and a big thanks to AK47 for all his help !!

one3mu.jpg

two0rx.jpg

four6ck.jpg

what type of temps are you getting after a few hours on load?

• Advertisement

just put the side case on ! :-) give me a chance!! what yeah think ?

30/33 on idle

nice job :D

Drapper wrote:
    just put the side case on ! :-) give me a chance!! what yeah think ?

30/33 on idle

yeh its well possible

Simliar setup with 22 on idle.

how did you manage that?

Whole setup is on a test-bed with about 9 or 10 different trys at mounting the storm and high speed fans on the rad. In previous times have had temps of about 27-28 but that was a internal mounted rad. Plus the pump is slightly better and the whole setup has little height or restriction. Current Idle temp right now is 20-22. Load is 28-30. Goes about 3 higher when the x1800xt gets going. Temps on that are 40 on load. Cant wait for winter.

ok I've stayed up far to late last night and I've monitored the temps and I've concluded that the case needs modding to the bottom and the SWIFTech FAN are loud as fook!

So, I'm getting me jigsaw out this eve and making some vnets in the bottom! and the two black fans are goin to ge the boot! 2 new AKAssa 120mm will be use to replace them!

I can mount the rad anywhere else so thi will ahve to do! new CM stacker does not allow front mount, rear mount (as tray can be removed) and the roof of the case only fits a singal rad!

otherwise with circulation temps 28- 30 and 36 on load!

Drapper wrote:
    ok I've stayed up far to late last night and I've monitored the temps and I've concluded that the case needs modding to the bottom and the SWIFTech FAN are loud as fook!

So, I'm getting me jigsaw out this eve and making some vnets in the bottom! and the two black fans are goin to ge the boot! 2 new AKAssa 120mm will be use to replace them!

I can mount the rad anywhere else so thi will ahve to do! new CM stacker does not allow front mount, rear mount (as tray can be removed) and the roof of the case only fits a singal rad!

otherwise with circulation temps 28- 30 and 36 on load!

those temps aint that bad

Mabey pick up the g5 from the adverts section?

• Advertisement

drapper them fans are silent for me but you probly have yours on 12v.

Advertisement