Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

1GIG windows Media file

• 05-07-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    i have a nice wedding movie put together for a friend. Its came out well and I am happy wiht the quality. When I place this 1gig file into Sony Vegas DVD architect, it tells me the out going DVD is going to be about7gig. I have a double sided burner, and some 9gig DVD's , but i am wondering where is it going with the 8 more GIG, are there other housekeeping files loaded as well that increase this so much, or is it just the fact its expanding for the DVD player to play it? Just wondering..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GiantCranes

The format that is uses is not compressed, your 1Gb file is compressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

not being a pedant or anything, but mpeg2 (dvd) is compressed. It's just that wmv's are based on a different codec and are more highly compressed

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

use Winavi. you can select what size to re-encode the film to.

Advertisement