Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo s60

Options
  • 05-07-2006 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi guys,

my dad is looking at getting a second car for motorway driving and trips to and from the country. The car looks mint, its a UK car. 2001, 2.4ltr 200bhp model. Its petrol. The mileage seems pretty high at 90,000 but we know the owner well and it would have all been motor way miles.

Do you reckon the mileage is anything to worry about? What else should i look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cooper_man wrote:
    Do you reckon the mileage is anything to worry about? What else should i look out for?

Don't worry about the mileage as I presume it has full Volvo history? The only thing is that people in Ireland don't like high-mileage cars, so he might take a bit of a hit come re-sell time

The Volvo S60 is a fine car, especially with that 5-pot engine. Is it an autobox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

No its a manual. I hear the auto's cause a bit of trouble now and again?

It has a full service history and i think it is a volvo one ill have to ask my dad. The car doesnt look like it has ANY wear and tear on seats or steering wheel etc so it looks like the owner got in, drove for miles got out. Long journeys only ye know. We know where her works and where he lives and the trip is quite like that so i feel optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've had 3 different S60s. IMO, they are one of the best cars out there. So comfortable and quite powerful. Be warned - the autos are very heavy on motion lotion. I had a 2.0T that got less than 300 miles to a tank.

I had a T5 for 3 months and I miss it so much - the best car I ever had.

Get one - with full Volvo SH and you won't be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

crosstownk wrote:
    I've had 3 different S60s. IMO, they are one of the best cars out there. So comfortable and quite powerful. Be warned - the autos are very heavy on motion lotion. I had a 2.0T that got less than 300 miles to a tank...

What are the manuals like in that regard....?

How was the T5 on juice...?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Same engine as a Focus ST isn't it? 5 pot.

I've driven a few S60's a V70 and an S80.

The S60's were easily they best of them. The S80 2.0T had to be driven quite hard - it's a big heavy car.

Service and running costs are relatively high, but if you want a biggish comfortable cruiser an imported UK sourced minter sounds ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

BnA wrote:
    What are the manuals like in that regard....?

How was the T5 on juice...?
    T5 wasn't bad on juice given I drove it hard most of the time:D

The 2.0T manuals are heavy enough on juice too. After all the Volvo is a heavy car.......

Advertisement