Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Print Scrn can I change it to default as jpeg ?

• 05-07-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As i'm unable to install a 3rd party app. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the default image created (.bmp) to a jpeg ...
    Cheers,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Just do a save as...?

If your using win 2000 you might not have that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I know I can open it in paint and save as but I want to just print screen and then paste a jpeg into an email with the hassle of converting in paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

OK, I'm confused - Print Screen should take a raster image of your screen and put it in the clipboard. It shouldn't save to an actual file until you use something to save it, so I don't know where you're getting this 'default' bmp file from unless you already have installed some third-party app that intercepts the print screen call and automatically creates a bmp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

PrtScr just grabs the image data, it's not in any format per se. You need to paste it into a application and then save it. So if you paste into word and save it will be in a .doc file, In paint it will save it as .bmp by default, or you can choose jpeg.

Until you paste, it has no real format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

on another note//

is there any third party programs that will just save an image in a folder for me when i hit Print Screen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I know I can open it in paint and save as but I want to just print screen and then paste a jpeg into an email with the hassle of converting in paint.
    that would depend on what you use for email

new message in THUNDERBIRD , paste screen dump and emailed it to myself.

attachement was moz-screenshot.jpg.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

irlrobins wrote:
    Until you paste, it has no real format.

Actually, it's stored in windows bitmap (raster) format in RAM, it's just not saved as a bmp file on the HD :cool:
    new message in THUNDERBIRD , paste screen dump and emailed it to myself.
    attachement was moz-screenshot.jpg.jpeg

Weird, TBird won't let me paste an image into it :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sico wrote:
    Weird, TBird won't let me paste an image into it :/
    I was using html + text format for the email

BTW: for screen dumps where there isn't wallpaper or complex images I prefer PNG format

more info on BMP http://www.fileformat.info/format/bmp/egff.htm
    pity microsoft don't use RLE compression more in windows :(

Advertisement