Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me new PSU fudged everything up

Options
  • 05-07-2006 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I built my own PC about a year and a half ago and it's always given me grief. Most days it go's around in a loop when turned on (almost gets to the log-on screen) then turns it'self off. eventually it would load windows and everything seemed fine.

I put a new PSU 450 (quiet one there was nothing wrong with the old one 600) and now it never get's to windows. I've also noticed the motherboard fan and lights on the front of the case are dead, but they did work for a while after I put in the new PSU. I can't even use the winxp disk to reformat, it crashes just as the installer says starting windows.

I've tryed disconnecting unessesary hardware like lights fans and the 2nd hard drive but it doesn't help so I'm guessing it's not that the PSU lacks the power.

Is the motherboard fudged?

Sorry for the lack of details (PC at home no internet connection).
    It's a AMD Athlon 3000
    1gb ram
    Abit motherboard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What psu was it? Cheap brands put down the max voltage load setting rather than everyday use. It could have unstable rails etc and be causing your pc to crash.

Advertisement