Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Game DUN DUN DUUUNNNN!

Options
  • 05-07-2006 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

hey everyone,

same ol thread, done to death but if anyone has any suggestions at the mo i'd appreciate it. (for PC - specs aren't a prob)

i'm playing codename panzers phase 2 at the mo and to continue the WW2 theme i was thinking about the newest Commandos Strike Force, I've read some terrible reviews for it though.

something similar to Fable the LC would also be an option (Morrowind is a bit too over whelming for me, i'm not really a heavy RPG fan)

thanks in advance!

ps: can i also add in my flaming contribution for simonflanagan on his PS3 sky news flash breaking headline thread.....stupid flange maggot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

titan quest...great game....just great fun pure ans simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

hairball wrote:
    titan quest...great game....just great fun pure ans simple.
    I have that sitting here beside me but I havent installed it yet, looks fun though, currently finishing off Dungeon Siege II, which is pretty much Diablo3 except without random maps, its virtually identical, very good fun though, looking forward to digging in to Titan Quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Get Psychonauts.

now.

It doesn't have a ww2 theme, but it does have a mad General. Several actually.

Pugsley wrote:
    I have that sitting here beside me but I havent installed it yet, looks fun though, currently finishing off Dungeon Siege II, which is pretty much Diablo3 except without random maps, its virtually identical, very good fun though, looking forward to digging in to Titan Quest.

man if you like diablo and dungeon siege you're gonna love TQ...hadn't played much of pyschonauts...but it seemed pretty cool from what i did see.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

thanks for the suggestions. i read through some a few reviews of TQ today and it sounded promising so i d/loaded the demo.
    i know its hack and slash...but does it get any bit more varied at all??
    i know magic will come into it but it just seems so repetitive and brain dead at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 llexodusll

cod2 @ ww2 @ fps @ ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Get Psychonauts.

Just thinking it before I opened the topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Try Condemned, its hobo beating fun!

Speedway wrote:
    thanks for the suggestions. i read through some a few reviews of TQ today and it sounded promising so i d/loaded the demo.
    i know its hack and slash...but does it get any bit more varied at all??
    i know magic will come into it but it just seems so repetitive and brain dead at the moment

well it gets deeper in the sense that as your character levels up you can give him/her new skills and abilities and there a wide variety of skill/class combos available and if you embrace this side of the game it prob wont feel as one dimensional then...the gameplay is hack 'n' slash tho...its the method and tactics you use that vary...i'm only coming towards the end of the greece segment now, plenty of variety in enemies and landscapes..i love it for its pick up and play ability

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I've been given a generic PIII w 64 RAM recently, and was wondering what on earth to do with it (so many possibilities, as you well imagine :D ) until I ran into my inch-thick-in-dust copy of...

UT%20GOTY.png

Not touched BF2, COD2, CS:S, GTL, TRD3, etc, etc since.

I've done the 'retrogaming' thing and MAME and all that before, but -all the same- may I therefore suggest a lil' trip down memory lane ? They just don't make them like this anymore! ;)

• Advertisement

llexodusll wrote:
    cod2 @ ww2 @ fps @ ftw

played through COD2 at least 3 times now on the highest difficulty. LOVE the CoD games (for PC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

do what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Just thinking it before I opened the topic!

Me too
    Get it, brilliant game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Any decent FPS out there at the mo that i might of missed.

Played Quake4,Doom3,SiN Episodes,HL2,BF2,CoD2,FEAR(overrated)

also Star Wars: Republic Commando, which btw is excellent. Great gameplay and the voice of boba fett.

Have i missed out on any?

Also needing a recommendation on a really good RTS, played AOE III, but i'm looking for one with as good graphics, for the PC that uses more futuristic units and weaponry, any ideas?

l31mr0d, did you ever play SWAT 4? if you were ever into the rainbox 6 games in any way, swat 4 is a much more realistic and tactical take on that genre. It's very well done and well worth a look if you're into FPSs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

L31mr0d wrote:
    Also needing a recommendation on a really good RTS, played AOE III, but i'm looking for one with as good graphics, for the PC that uses more futuristic units and weaponry, any ideas?
    For an RTS your best bet would be to wait for Supreme Commander, looks incredable but it isnt out until Q1 of 2007 I think, but if you play Total Annihilation until then you should be happy enough :) (TA is very old, but add a few mods and its the spammiest RTS, ever, by huge huge margines). Ground Control is also an excellent RTS (prefared first one over second), also fairly old but graphics were incredable for the time and still look fine, also has one of the best single player campaigns ever, second Ground Control didnt have half the single player but was more aimed at multiplayer games.

Advertisement