Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Shop

Options
  • 05-07-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I'm designing a website for a friend of mine. It's small, only about 4/5 page sin the whole thing. She's selling a product through the site and she wants to add an online shop for the site if possible.

I have no previous experience with online shops so I don't have much of an idea what's entailed with it. Does anyone know of a service (Irish preferably) that would host an online shop? (e.g They already have the software, we can just pay them a fee and link to their site) Or would I have to purchase the sofware myself to put together a shop?

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

If the site is that small, I would suggest using PayPal

They seem to be a very good option for small online shops these days.

Plus more of the information you need is on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i agree with Ph3n0m that Paypal is a good option.

Further, you can also try hosted e-commerce. Recently I found this shopify.com a free Ruby on Rails application. Looks simple, easy to do your own template and above of all it supports Paypal!

I wish I had something to sell on-line to use this site. :D

Mart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aoreilly

You could also try Google Checkout.

It doesnt have Beta written on it like all of their other services so it must be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Google checkout is only of use if your based in the US

I would tend to agree that PayPal would be the most cost effective route for a single product store.

Your other option would be an online store application. One of the advantages of this route is you have all your customer details etc in a central location. It would be the recommended option if she is planning on expanding the store over time.

The last option would be Buy And Sell Shops but it looks expensive for what it is and I have no experience of it myself.

Advertisement