Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Carson books

Options
  • 05-07-2006 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone read them?

Scalpel, Cold Steel, Ambush etc.

I've read those three and found them to be really good. I thought Ambsuh was a little far-fetched in places but perhaps that's because some of the action takes place in Dublin rather than the 'mean streets of LA' or some other city.

Another thing I didn't like was the character development of the main protagonists brother-in-law, the meaner-than-mean, tough guy cop. I felt he was one-dimensional at best. That said, I still think it was a good fast-paced and lively read. My favourite has to be Scalpel.

Any views on his work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Major bumpage as I wondered if any of you guys have read any of his stuff and if so what did you think? Judging by the response last time not many people are reading these books. Pity, because they're not bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I read Scalpel a good while back. The author is actually a doctor AFAIK. He used to be my girlfriend's doc or something and her mum came across a book about a murderer and was like WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

besty wrote: »
    I read Scalpel a good while back. The author is actually a doctor AFAIK. He used to be my girlfriend's doc or something and her mum came across a book about a murderer and was like WTF?

Yeah, he worked out of a clinic in Blackrock for a while. Most of his books involve a doctor as the lead character. It's easier for him to write about what he knows I suppose. I've found all the books to be pretty good and always look forward to the next one. I like reading modern crime fiction set in Ireland :)

Advertisement