Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If repeating,does one have to go to a school

Options
  • 05-07-2006 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

What I mean is it possible to repeat, just sitting the State Exams but not actually going to a school during the course of the year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

no, you don't have to go to school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Registering for State exams is entirely seperate to attending a school. All you have to do is find an exam centre (in a school or somewhere else) that is willing to let you sit the exam there. Everything else is through the State Exam Commission.

more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, given that you failed the first time, wouldn't showing up and working a little harder while you're there make sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

Hey,I didn´t say i failed and as yet I obviously don´t know how I did but if I do repeat it would be because I missed my course by 10 or 15 points, in my mind not a good enough reason to go back to school just to do classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

nikolaitr wrote:
    Hey,I didn´t say i failed and as yet I obviously don´t know how I did but if I do repeat it would be because I missed my course by 10 or 15 points, in my mind not a good enough reason to go back to school just to do classes

There is an exam centre in Drogheda and it's not in a school. It's for external candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some subjects you have to show that you have received instruction in practical elements.
    The school centre you register with will sort it out for you.

Remember some subject syllabi vary year to year, so if you are not attending a school, at least have a chat with a teacher so that you are studying relevant stuff.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

If u do miss your course (+ best of luck, I hope u don't), u shouldn't think of it as "only ten points". Points could go up/down etc. If u decide to repeat, u have to be 100%, (unless u don't want to go to school cause u live extremly far away from a school...) go to all your classes + do your homework yada yada yada. Plenty of people end up doing worse the second time round cause they sort of assume they'll do better, and end up doing courses that they didn't want.

Advertisement