Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing over network

• 05-07-2006 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I have a network with just 2 computers. My printer is connected to my main desktop. I also have a laptop with a wireless conection. The problem is printing from the laptop. It was working, then it wasn't so I reinstalled the drivers. Now it prints, but everyting gets printed as a mirror image. On a different identity on the laptop it will not print at all.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Wacked wrote:
    I have a network with just 2 computers. My printer is connected to my main desktop. I also have a laptop with a wireless conection. The problem is printing from the laptop. It was working, then it wasn't so I reinstalled the drivers. Now it prints, but everyting gets printed as a mirror image. On a different identity on the laptop it will not print at all.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.
    You don't have a networking probem, you have a printer driver problem. The problem could be on the laptop, or on the machine that's sharing the printer, but it's probably on the laptop.

Your best bet is to uninstall the printer driver and re-install it again. (Make sure that you download the most up to date driver available from the printer manufacturers website - don't use the CD that came with the printer, and don't rely on Windows default printer drivers). Plug the printer directly into the laptop when you're installing the drivers, if at all possible, and make sure that everything works propery before worrying about printing over the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Wacked wrote:
    On a different identity on the laptop it will not print at all.
    It just struck me that this implies that you didn't install the drivers from an Administrator account. That could also explain the odd results you are getting.

Make sure you're logged in with an admin account when installing drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

you could always get a belkin print server for cheap enough (i think).
    That way you wouldn't have to have the PC turned on to print from the laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wacked

Thanks Guys.

I tried connecting laptop to printer and reinstalled, which worked until I disconnected the printer because I had not installed it as a network printer. In the end I deleted all printers off both machines and started again. It seems to have worked. I think I'll get aprint server though. Can you suggest a cheap one.

Advertisement