Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ex-Nick Mason Ferrari Testarossa For Sale

Options
  • 05-07-2006 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Advertised in The Irish Times Motors section today:

89 FERRARI TESTAROSSA
    RHD, Metallic Blue Chiaro with complementing black lthr. interior, having covered a mere 29,000 miles, with a fully documented service history, this vehicle is presented in pristine condition with X 2yrs NCT, ex Nick Mason Pink Floyd, Irish reg.
    54,750EUR o.n.o genuine callers only please
    Ph. 01 2810741 or 087 6305227

I think Kersh was after a Testarossa for a while so maybe he'll be interested to hear about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

thats not sucha crazy price

can you imagine letting the NCT yockle take yer ferrari on those ramps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

thats not sucha crazy price

can you imagine letting the NCT yockle take yer ferrari on those ramps!!!

When I was getting my last NCT in Ballymun, there was a Ferrari going through the test. (don't know which model - not really a fan). It was the centre of attention. The testers were all over it. They spent a lot of time and patience making sure it was not damaged when putting it on the rolling road (?) device etc. They had several lads lying on the floor giving directions about clearance. Couldn't make out any obvious owner in the waiting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When I was getting my last NCT in Ballymun, there was a Ferrari going through the test. (don't know which model - not really a fan). It was the centre of attention. The testers were all over it. They spent a lot of time and patience making sure it was not damaged when putting it on the rolling road (?) device etc. They had several lads lying on the floor giving directions about clearance. Couldn't make out any obvious owner in the waiting room.

Pity they dont take as much care with everyone elses car.:mad: A decent car to a working class person costs just as much (relativly) that a ferrari costs to a millionaire. I'm almost sure the guy left my car in D with the handbrake on for a good bit of the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Stekelly wrote:
    I'm almost sure the guy left my car in D with the handbrake on for a good bit of the test.

I've an automatic, I leave it in D when at the lights. Is this a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I've an automatic, I leave it in D when at the lights. Is this a problem.

Not at all. They are designed for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I think Kersh was after a Testarossa for a while so maybe he'll be interested to hear about this.

I sure am... starting as of yesterday, as the Porsche is sold (being picked up tonight), and the grey 300zx is gone too... Trying to decide between 348 or Testarossa. The heart says Testarossa, the wallet says 348. That testarossa above is not the right colour im afraid.
    AFAIK the vrt on an 87 one is c 12k.

Should look like this...

Bluetr.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Kersh wrote:
    AFAIK the vrt on an 87 one is c 12k.

According to the OP it's irish registered already.

So it does...
    Its just below market price (32-34k stg, +vrt), just make sure its serviced , ie, cambelt/waterpump, oil pipes, clutch, valve clearances. etc, about 3k sterlings worth for all that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I think that colour s super on the Testa, the red is hideous. Sounds like a decent car.................I think the 328 is far nicer to look at than the 348 !

There are a few for sale at www.sportandclassic.ie

Buying an 'off' colour on my first ferrari would be suicide I think. Non red/black ferraris are difficult to sell on, as most people are looking for these colours.
    The blue is lovely, but I dont think im brave enough!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Kersh wrote:
    Trying to decide between 348 or Testarossa. The heart says Testarossa, the wallet says 348.
    I think you should go for a Testarossa. It may cost more to run than a 348 but at the end of the day you'll be getting the better car. The TR has 12 cylinders! It's faster, rarer and it looks better. The Testarossa is one of the best performing road cars Ferrari has ever produced. The 348...the 348 was there between the 328 and the F355.

Here's the Testarossa in Chiaro Blue
    img30586wh.jpg

Ken Lawford currently has a 4 owner 348TB with 31,000 miles for 59,950EUR.
    kenlawforddscf04064si.jpg

I think lawfords has priced himself out of selling that one... a nice rhd 1992 348 can be had for 25-28k stg, + vrt of 15k ish euro is way less than 59950 euro.
    I might give him 42k for it though...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

That 348 has sat at Lawfords for at least a year. I imagine it's only nominally for sale as it's not priced to sell. It does a nice job of attracting a bit of attention though, just like the Countach they had there for a long while and which was Lawford's own and not for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Are you sure that VRT quote will be accurate though ? These VRT boyo's seem to be placing as many cars into the "rare and collectable" bracket as possible, to stiff you for extra funds !

(what am I a sayin'.................itsa Ferrari..........it was a alwaysa ina that bracket ) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

I remember a Testarossa passing me in Kildare once on that shade of blue, it had a 89 OY **** reg, nice car. I saw the ad and thought of that car..

The 348 is nice, rented a 348 Spider in Vegas last year, nice roar when on the move, I personally like Ferraris in other shades rather than red. I just feel everyone expects a ferrari to be red. The 348 we hired was "Giallo Fly yellow" They also had a red one but take it from me, in Sin City you'll get plenty of attention in a bright yellow Ferrari...

That's my 2 cents worth..
    Mac

Mac 3 wrote:
    The 348 is nice, rented a 348 Spider in Vegas last year.

The 348 we hired was "Giallo Fly yellow" They also had a red one.

Did you get it from the rental place across from The Wynn Hotel? If so, I saw the 348 Spider you're talking about. It looked nice in yellow but I'd still take the Testarossa.

The rental place had a good selection of cars. When I was there there were 3 Dodge Vipers, 2 Hummers, 2 Porsche Carreras and 2 Ferrari Spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Mac 3 wrote:
    I remember a Testarossa passing me in Kildare once on that shade of blue, it had a 89 OY **** reg, nice car. I saw the ad and thought of that car..
    I saw that car a number of times too. Allenwood/Prosperous area was where I saw it. Loved the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Hi AJ,

We rented our 348 next door to the Helicopter Ride area on the Strip. It's at the end near the Tropicana and Excalibur. We saw 2 other places that were doing exotic car rental on the strip and one in Mc Caren Airport. Next time we're there, it'll be the Viper..

I believe that Wynn's has it's own Ferrari dealership. I only found this out when I came home..

Did you give into temptation and get something yourself?

http://www.dreamcarrentals.com/index.php

Mac 3 wrote:
    I believe that Wynn's has it's own Ferrari dealership. I only found this out when I came home..

Yeah, I had a look in and it's something else...when I was there they had 2 Enzo's - one red,one yellow. I've got pictures somewhere...I'll have a look for them and post them up.

www.penskewynn.com
    Mac 3 wrote:
    Did you give into temptation and get something yourself?
    I would have but I'm too young. I don't think they would be too happy giving the keys to a Ferrari to an 18 year old on a provisional:rolleyes:

But next time I will!

Advertisement