Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinea Pigs looking for new home

Options
  • 05-07-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Unfortunately I need to rehome my two female guinea pigs Marmalade & Nutmeg due to my 6 month old son starting to crawl and pester them. Regrettably we don't have room for them anymore.

See image: Guinea Pigs photo

If anyone is able to give them a home they will come with their indoor cage, a carrier, feeding bottles and bowls along with a few months bedding and approx 6 months worth of food.

These guinea pigs have been living indoors and probably wouldn't survive outdoors so I no longer have anywhere to put them. They are friendly (chirp whenever someone comes near) and have been handled fairly regularly. They are approx 2.5 and 1.5 years old each.

If anyone would like any more info or is interested please PM me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Lovely looking!, sorely tempted want to get back into piggies.

I`ve always had mine outside with no ill effect, they`re grand as long as they are in a decent run with sleeping quarters, not some tiny flimsy yoke from a pet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There are many options open to you if space or the child is an issue (speaking as a mum living in a small house with a pair of piggies amongst other critters lol) if you would like some suggestions just let me know.
    If you really feel you haven't the time for them anymore contact me guineapigrescue123@eircom.net and I can put their picture up on the website so that more people will view it.

As said if you have a warm place for them, ideally a shed or potting shed or a decent garage they can be put in there with a decent run and housing and would be ok with extra hay in winter time to snuggle up in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

If there is petrol in the garage don`t put them in there.

Its not difficult making a run/sleeping quarters. Doesn`t have to be fancy just functional and secure. Do you have garden space?.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I don't have a garage and our shed is like a sauna even in the winter so still need a new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Put them up on irishanimals.ie and petsireland that way you will get more viewing. Most indoor cages take up only 3 foot of space which isn't enough for a pair of piggies so mabey a home where they can offer a secure outside run in fine weather and to be housed somewhere safe indoors at night.
    As said if you would like me to put them up on my website I can for more views. Piggies can take a while to rehome esp. if you homecheck first, it's easier in the Dub area but the last pair of pigs here (Tipp) too a whole year to find a decent home, they ended up in Cork lol well travelled as they origionally came from Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement