Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High gloss kitchen

• 05-07-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi, we're in the process of uilding an eco house. I'm trying to research an appropriate kitchen.

Can anyone advise me on an environment friendly material with a high gloss look?

laminate, pvc? what's the story? I have good intentions but not much specifiic knowledge in this area. I want to be a little better informed before approaching the kitchen showrooms.

any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't think that high gloss and eco friendly are in the same boat.
    We have a scanhome which by most definations is reasonably friendly and we opted for a Naxos kitchen from In-house.
    The Naxos is a high gloss in cream and they also have one in white called Ariane, the coating is actually PVC wrapped around the MDF and is quite strong and very washable(important with toddlers!)
    The MDF is completely sealed so I would hazard a guess and say that potential outgassing is probably low.
    Have a look in in-house they have a showroom in Cork it is near the Mcdonalds on the old Mallow rd Northside.

Advertisement