Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Free Calls and Texts ! Discuss ..

• 05-07-2006 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Did you see this new offer from Vodafone ? What do you think ?
    Get FREE Vodafone to Vodafone calls and texts to the value of your Top Up, when you Top Up by €20 or more.

So if you top up by €20, you get an extra €20 for free calls and texts to any other Vodafone Ireland customer.

That means calls and texts to over 2 million people - all free! Because there are more people on Vodafone, we can give everyone better value. Savings of up to 44% compared to other networks

To get free Vodafone to Vodafone calls, all you have to do is ask:

By texting Freecallsandtexts to 50222
    Online at My Vodafone
    By calling Customer Care on 1850 20 87 87
    By dropping into any Vodafone Store

LINK

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i cant believe its not butter...oh i mean meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

#Elites wrote:
    Clever... so your basically getting 40€ credit when you top up by 20?
    Yep .. €20 free for vodafone only use .. seems like a good deal .. possibly better than Meteors ?

Between this and their free Vodafone to Vodafone calls on Bill Pay they're begining to look like good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They are playing it an interesting way indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

v10 wrote:
    seems like a good deal ...

if you have any contacts left on Vodafone... most i'd call regularly have all ported off Vodafone so not much use unless you have a significant enough proportion of you contacts left on the network...

#Elites wrote:
    it cant accualy hurt, your not loosing anyway

well unless the person porting themselves may work as an better option ;)

point was step back and review call and text usage (on / off network) and amount of porting already done by your contacts... i.e. check the figures, rather than getting caught up in the marketing buzz of all these deals... not many people do though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have zero Vodafone contacts. All have moved to O2 or Meteor at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Just had a quick skim through the t&c's seems to end next January, & like meteors needs to be renewed every 30 days.

if you have any contacts left on Vodafone... most i'd call regularly have all ported off Vodafone so not much use unless you have a significant enough proportion of you contacts left on the network...
    Yeah obviously its not gonna suit everyone .. but Vodafone have more customers in Ireland than anyone else so in theory it should more people than it doesn't ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

hmmmm .... Vodafone to Vodafone calls are up to a whopping 50c per minute meaning that 20 euros credit equals as little as 40 minutes talk time (or up to 80 with this bonus). With 5C per minute calls on meteor for 20 euros credit you can call for 400 minutes and still have the offer post the 20 euro spend.
    You also have to put up with Vodafone PrePays extortionate costs for calling other networks (and other call types) at up to 65c per minute vesus 20c on Meteor.

Meteor 5C calls or Free Texts for life offer will still work out as been better value for almost all call profile types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Advertisement

v10 wrote:
    Yeah obviously its not gonna suit everyone...

yes, that was my point, and also that people should spend a bit of time looking at the porting situation of their contacts... i'm hearing more and more port *beeps* these days...

chrislad wrote:
    I have zero Vodafone contacts. All have moved to O2 or Meteor at this stage.
    Quite for opposite for me. My immediate family and my boss are on Vodafone, along with a couple of friends. This could prove useful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

Karsini, in your case, if you have stop the clock and this bonus opt in, then your vodafone - vodafone calls will probably work out very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I just signed up bloody 'ell like with this and stop the clock and free web texts ill never run out of credit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Ok so how will you know whats what !!! will they add an extra amount to your balance and bill you for non VF texts and calls and have another amount which will be used for the VF ones???? Im confused!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

Good question... glad you asked.

If you havent already discovered text add ons then log on to my vodafone.

1. You can see your main balance in 'Topping Up & My Account'
    https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/myaccount/callcredit/index.jsp

2. You can see the balances of your add ons such as text, stop the clock (if you purchased it as an addon, and your freecallsandtext balance in the 'My Mobile' section.
    https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/mymobile/prepaidbundles/myaddons/

there is also a text interface where you can send in a request to get your balances via sms, as well as a phone number with menus for you to retrieve the associated balances

If you dont have a web access or you are telling someone else, then you can.... wait for it... its a mouthful.... text in 'freecallsandtexts' to 50222 and this will opt you in for the service to automatically get additional credit
    http://www.vodafone.ie/readytogo/tariffs/freecallsandtexts/index.jsp

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

#Elites wrote:

Does anyone know if you can check the remaining "ballance" of the free credit?
    Possibly the easiest from the handset:
    send bal to 50233

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I signed my dad up for it when I ordered that Sharp 550SH for him, must ask how its going.

I just signed up & topped up, and switched to work & leisure tarrif. (Not sure what rates I was on before as it was listed as "Porting in") It works OK with text bundle add-ons *phew*

• Advertisement

#Elites wrote:
    it exipres on the 06/08/2006

Kinda crappy, hopefully they will extend it
    Where did you read that date?

Free Calls and Texts Promotion is only applicable to Prepay mobile phone customers of Vodafone ("Customers") who sign up to the Free Vodafone Calls and Texts Promotion during the promotional period of 2nd July 2006 - 30th September 2006. Customers on the More to Say or AirPack price plans will not be eligible to avail of the Free Calls and Texts Promotion.

Free Calls and Texts Promotion grants the Customer, when adding credit in the amount of at least €20 to their mobile phone account before 1st January 2007, a bonus of additional credit (equal to the amount of that top-up) which may be used to call or send text messages to other Vodafone Ireland mobile phone numbers (the "Bonus Vodafone Credit"). The Free Calls and Texts Promotion only applies where the amount topped up by the Customer is €20 or greater and in denominations of €5.
    It looks like the offer is open until 30th Sept. for signing up, and runs until 1st Jan. reading their T&C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Only noticed tonight two letters from Vodafone in work. One about the above offer and another saying they're introducing the €5 top-up, altough I don't really think it's worth much if your a havy user of your phone.

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Only noticed tonight two letters from Vodafone in work. One about the above offer and another saying they're introducing the €5 top-up, altough I don't really think it's worth much if your a havy user of your phone.

I think the Eur 5 top up is a great idea . Say you wanted to buy text bundles 400 for 20 euro then later wanted just 5 euro call credit for a few calls and the odd VF live browsing. I think its great especially for students etc...

Well on the 4th July I was topping up by internet banking but before I did I called VF to ask them if the extra call credit of 4 euro if topping up by 20 was still on the go or had it ended. I was told that it was still on. So I proceeded to top up but I never got my 4 euro credit so I called again and was told it was finished on 30th June, but the guy would pass it on to his supervisor. I called back later to enquire what was happening and was told to wait 36 hours and that it was going to be credited.

The next day it still wasnt on so I called up and was told again that it was finished but she saw the notes and would apply it right away. She told me that a new promotion where I buy 20 credit and get 20 bonus credit was started on 2nd July and she said she would sign me up. I told her that I wasnt told on 3 previous occassions about this promotion.

Anyway this morning I was thinking about it and Ive basically been robbed of Euro 20 bonus credit as I should have been told at least once during the 4 calls that it was on and that I was entitled to it as I had topped up by 20 euro. Anyway a supervisor came on and said he was sorry and that there has been some confusion over the new promotion and that he was applying the 20 euro bonus to me right away . So fair play to Vodafone!!!! Thats customer service!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

And they also now have that IOU offer:
    When you're run out of credit and can't Top Up, you can get a €2 Call Credit IOU from Vodafone. So when you get that punctured tire or absolutely have to respond to that special someone…you can!

Simply text IOU to 50223 each time you want it. You'll be charged for the amount of the IOU you use and 15c for the text, the next time you Top Up.

fade2black wrote:
    And they also now have that IOU offer:

They have that on VF Greece, my cousin was telling me about that last year and I wondered if they would bring it here. Its a good idea, for emergencies etc....

Id like to see minutes bundles. I know that on some VF European networks you can buy 60 minutes for say 5 euro and 120 minutes for 8 euro. Its a great offer to have. Its a bit like 3's concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Toy

Both free calls and texts and stop the clock are good offers but why do VF insist that you have to manually sign up, it's not like anyone would mind cheaper calls and free credit.

Using both these offers and the work & leisure tariff you could get up to 1200 anytime vodafone minutes on the bonus 20 (assuming each call lasts exactly 60 min...) And the regular 20 you topped up with can be used to get good value calls to other networks, again assuming you talk for almost 60min. But the offers have potential, although prehaps not for everyone, so why isn't everyone just automatically signed up!!!!

#Elites wrote:
    1. You can see your main balance in 'Topping Up & My Account'
    https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/myaccoun...edit/index.jsp

it shows the Expiry date.
    It doesn't show any date for me.
    Not to worry; thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Toy

Try this,

https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/mymobile/prepaidbundles/myaddons/Setup.shtml

I can see my credits expiry date there.