Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Free Calls and Texts ! Discuss ..

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maisydaisy

hi,
    was on to vodafone about this to-day. you can check your balance on 1741

Also, i'm on stop the clock and i make all my calls in the evening - 15c per minute and i only pay for 3 mins that means i can get 2666 minutes/44 calls from my free €20 euro. all my gang are on vodafone so happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I checked my free credit yesterday online and it said that it had gone down from €20 to €9.47 and I havnt made any calls, my text bundles had 217 left from 400 that I bought a few weeks ago.

Called VF to see what happened to the other €10. Turns out when i send a text it comes off my free credit at a rate of 13c per text and not off my text bundles which only cost 5c!!!!! What a bad way to organise it!!

When I send a text to a non VF network it comes off my text bundle and when I text a VF customer it comes off my free credit. Basically most of my mates are on VF so I paying nearly 3 times as much for my texts. I was going to use the free credit for calls but its now being wiped off at a mad rate!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

Cake? Eat?

Its FREE credit, its not costing you anything, agreed, you arent getting the same perceived value that you get from your text add ons, but dont forget you PAID for those.

13c is the standard text messaging rate, it has to work that way because not all prepaids have text add ons, and even if they did, I imagine many more customers would be upset if Vodafone decided to use text messages from the 'cheapest' rate and end up using up your text messages from your add on, which we recall, you PAID for.

Well I would not have bought a text add on package if I had have known that!!!! So its not a case of cake and eat it!!! Its a case of me being a VF customer for 8 years and being told the story right from the start before I decided to sent loads of texts then find out later that they are not comming out of my 5c bundles and in fact they are comming out of my free bonus credit that I had decided I would use for calls!!!!!

Go figure!!!!:mad: :mad:

detritus wrote:
    Cake? Eat?

Its FREE credit, its not costing you anything, agreed, you arent getting the same perceived value that you get from your text add ons, but dont forget you PAID for those.

13c is the standard text messaging rate, it has to work that way because not all prepaids have text add ons, and even if they did, I imagine many more customers would be upset if Vodafone decided to use text messages from the 'cheapest' rate and end up using up your text messages from your add on, which we recall, you PAID for.

Hey, your frustration is understandable, obviously it doesnt suit all people for all things.

Like I said, there are likely to be plenty of other customers who would be ticked off if they thought their texts to their Voda friends were free and they ended up getting used out of the text add on which they paid for.

I agree that communication is definitely important and since its a new service, I imagine that it will take a little while for users to get used to the types of usages that this bonus applies to and habits will adjust accordingly.

Ps, I like cake...

• Advertisement

Hmm well if I was in VF I would have set the promotion up better and thought every angle through!! Im no wizzkid but if I can work these things out then anyone can before they launch a product or promotion. Here they seem to throw out stuff without looking at the many pittfalls that customers encounter. I tell you if this was VF Germany it wouldnt have been set up this way thats for sure.

Maybe surveying customers at least 2000 before doing promotions to see what their customers may like would be a good idea!!!

Anyway my credit is down to 4 euro now , 20 euro bonus goes a long way !!! Im mega p....sed off big time.

Listen, Im not trying to be a smartass, but it is called 'free calls and texts' not 'free calls or texts (but not texts if you dont feel like using the text part of it)'.

How exactly are systems expected to know what it is that you would prefer compared to a customer who may not send anywhere near the same volume of text messages and is delighted with all of the free minutes and texts they are getting.

Im sure Vodafone researched the options available to them, Ive no idea, I dont work with Marketing, but its worth feeding your input back to Vodafone to see if it will be in line with newer services coming in the future.

Lets just remember, this is an increase from 24 euro for 20 euro as was previously in place for a while, which itself replaced absolutely nothing for free in turn, its a whole lot of money free, the fact that you are texting a lot means that you have still saved money on the free credit that you would have otherwise spent. lets face it 20 euro works out to over 150 text messages.

Well I sent a letter into VF last year about them upgrading my local mast to a 3G one , I also had 200 signatures on it from other people around the area!!! Im still waiting for a reply so that shoots your theory down that they give a damn about their customers!!!

I dont need to repeat myself see previous responses re: your ''its free'' just because it is free doesnt mean it has to be waisted on something I dont want it to be waised on when I should be paying 5c instead of 13c for texts and saving my ''FREE'' bonus for calls instead!!!

I could do a bar graph for you but I cant be bothered.

Dellas wrote:
    Well I sent a letter into VF last year about them upgrading my local mast to a 3G one , I also had 200 signatures on it from other people around the area!!! Im still waiting for a reply so that shoots your theory down that they give a damn about their customers!!!

different area, different gripe. I have no idea how much a 3G node with all its associated infrastructure costs... do you?
    Dellas wrote:
    I dont need to repeat myself see previous responses re: your ''its free'' just because it is free doesnt mean it has to be waisted on something I dont want it to be waised on when I should be paying 5c instead of 13c for texts and saving my ''FREE'' bonus for calls instead!!!

I could do a bar graph for you but I cant be bothered.

Im not intelligent enough to understand bar graphs, regardless, I think your logic is flawed and theres not much either of us can do about it. Im just trying to help here, not interested in getting into a row or any more to/fro here. If it helps, I can say 'last word'?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement