Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clio Sunroof

Options
  • 05-07-2006 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Water leaked through the roof last night, car was wet inside but sunroof was closed. Bought the car 2nd hand recently, hadn't leaked during other rain spells or when washing it so guess it might have some freak nonclosure of the seal or something yeaterday.

Anyone else have similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

very common problem with them after a few years :( Your best bet is to seal around it with silicon. The rubber seal around them just perishes with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There was someone on here a while back I think with the same issue (different make I think tho). Best bet is to do a search as I cant remember what he recommended (vasiline?)

You could try a scrap yard for a replacement rubber seal maybe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Might be the seal or otherwise check and clear if neccessary the drainage channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

If its a mk1 clio they have no drainage channels, the mk2 (98-) should have drainage chanels though. Dose the sunroff rattle at all? My mk1 rattled when I got it and leaked after very heavy rain, best way to solve it is....

-remove the head liner
    -loosen the bolts around it, there are about 10 altogether.
    -lift the sunroof and put sealent under the rim the whole way around, silicon is messy if you can get 'gutter sealant' use it.
    -tighten the bolts again, not too tight as they sheer easily.
    -clean up and excess sealent that will have squirted out and let it dry.

Sometimes water gets in around the ariel too, same thing the seal will have perished.

Advertisement