Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

III, V AND VI release dates?

Options
  • 05-07-2006 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

anybody know when these are getting released? gba and DS of course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

.... arrnt 3 & 6 the same game...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

No, different games.

I think V and VI have their release dates still to be announced - i would have thought V would be out pretty soon in the US though..

III is out Sept 12th in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

EOA_Mushy wrote:
    .... arrnt 3 & 6 the same game...
    FF6 was FF3 in America AFAIK, but there is an FF3, which was never given localisation (til now!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

SofaKing wrote:
    No, different games.

I think V and VI have their release dates still to be announced - i would have thought V would be out pretty soon in the US though..

III is out Sept 12th in the US

ah good job i got myself i credit card. hopefully it is actually good and that it wasnt released outside of japan because its rubbish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

evad_lhorg wrote:
    ah good job i got myself i credit card. hopefully it is actually good and that it wasnt released outside of japan because its rubbish.

Don't worry. FF2 wasn't released outside japan because it was rubbish. FF3 however wasn't released outside japan because Squaresoft are idiots and love nothing better than denying us some real gems. FF3 is excellent and has the same fantastic job system from FFV and FF-Tactics (PS1).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Im a bit wary about FF3.

Would I be right in saying its a traditional rpg affair and wouldn't have the engrossing storylines and characters that appeared later in FF4 and FF6? (Haven't played FF5).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SofaKing wrote:
    Im a bit wary about FF3.

Would I be right in saying its a traditional rpg affair and wouldn't have the engrossing storylines and characters that appeared later in FF4 and FF6? (Haven't played FF5).

It's a good bit less traditional than FF4 but don't expect anything as groundbreaking as FF6 was in story terms. However the storyline is far better than FF4 and the battle system is wonderful. Overall its a far better game than FF4 ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Would they be seperate titles or 3 in 1?

If it is, I might just buy the DS for that reason [and the fact they're damn cheap now] :D

If it's seperate, that's stupid. 4+MB per game... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

eh im not sure what you are asking but V and VI will be released separately on the gba. III is a completely new game technically as it will be a fully 3d rpg for the ds.

Advertisement