Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need guests for my radio show

Options
  • 05-07-2006 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

If it is to bold to post it here feel free to delete, otherwise ...

I am a producer and presenter on NEAR FM and I would really like to do a show on Astronomy/Space:
    1. what do we really know?
    2. Is there life out there?
    3. Area 51 - what is known and how huge is the cover up
    4. how to become an astronaut or
    5. How to get a job with NASA
    6. Aliens
    7. Ufo sightings
    8. Ufo abductions

You get the picture. There is so much we could talk about on my show "Indepth", which is on every Tuesday between 3.30p.m - 4.30p.m. on NEAR FM 101,6 - you can listen to it online using the livestreaming option on our website www.nearfm.ie

More info see: www.indepthradioshow.blogspot.com

If you want to be my guest or know someone who would like to be on, please PM me or write to my official email: indepth@nearfm.ie

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I am sure David Moore of Astronomy Ireland would oblige.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a good show though. Contact some of the local Astronomy clubs. Do a search for their sites on the web. There are a good few around.
    http://www.irishastrosoc.org/
    http://www.irishastronomy.org/
    http://www.southdublinastronomy.org/wiki/Main_Page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Flukey wrote:
    I am sure David Moore of Astronomy Ireland would oblige.:rolleyes:
    Hehe, that guy will then call it Astronomy & Space's new show on this new NEAR station! :p

TJ, try the links Flukey gave you. There are a couple of proper clubs in the Dublin area, and you can also post your requests on that www.irishastronomy.org site too.

By the way, as a suggestion, your chosen topics here do not all necessarily come under the astronomy/space heading. You could also think of other branches that your potential listeners might appeal to. Some of those points you have here are more discussion than factual topics. You could add things like "How to use your new telescope" (think Aldi and Lidl last Christmas), "Observing the Moon and/or (a) planet(s)", "Binocular Astronomy" and other stuff like that.

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Thanks folks, I will follow the links!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Seanie M wrote:
    Hehe, that guy will then call it Astronomy & Space's new show on this new NEAR station! :p
    Seanie.

He'd also manage somehow to mention that he has a "Sale" on where the prices are three times their converted Sterling equivalent and say that "must end" or "clearance" that some how will last two years .:D :D:D

redman wrote:
    He'd also manage somehow to mention that he has a "Sale" on where the prices are three times their converted Sterling equivalent and say that "must end" or "clearance" that some how will last two years .:D :D:D

Please please please, DO NOT get me started in Astronomy and Space Ltd bashing mode! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Seanie M wrote:
    Please please please, DO NOT get me started in Astronomy and Space Ltd bashing mode! :D

Ahh go on....

Some samples:
    Quote A&S JANUARY 2005
    CHRITSMAS SALE! 10% to 40% off!!!! Call

Quote A&S JUNE 2005
    SALE Continues! 10% to 40% off!!!! Call

Quote A&S OCT 2005
    SALE STILL ON! 10% to 40% off!!!! Call

Quote A&S APR 2006
    SALE STILL ON! 10% to 40% off!!!! Call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That site has far too mnay exclamation marks to be credible.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Ok just a general caution, we have been through all this A&S stuff before which ultimatley resulted in this forum being shut down for a time and Dev reopened it on the understanding that it wouldn't happen again. So please folks lets not go there again. Because if A&S start complaining to devore or threating action against boards then there is a good chance that this forum will be pulled for good.

Edit: After some discussion on the mod forum I have made some small edits to some of the posts as some of the comments could land boards.ie in hot water.

You're right, my bad on an original comment in my first post (now deleted). Though the A&S Director usually likes to issue 'legal notices' to whomever shall even appear to rival up against him anyway - I've seen it!

Redman, not a hope I enter that bashing mode now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I brought it into to thread. Sorry. I will endeavour to, go where no man has gone before and, not bring it up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There was actually a very good astronomy programme on NEAR fm when it first started up 10 years ago. I used to listen to it all the time.

It might be worth your while asking some of the old timers at the station if they have the contact details for any of the people who used to do it.

Advertisement