Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos web price vs. catalogue price

Options
  • 06-07-2006 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I checked out the Argos site for a bike helmet which was advertised on their site for E 19.99. I reserved it and this was confirmed by email to me (ie. reservation number & price).
    However, when I went to collect the helmet,on the same day, the price was E 24.99. :eek: The person on the CS desk said she was unable to change the price due to the system setting to the higher price and they showed me the catalogue which was the higher price also. :mad:
    Now, I know their small print says price may vary when you enter their shop but where do I stand when I receive a email confirming reservation & price ?? Does this not constitue a contract of sorts under the sales of goods act.
    Any info/insights to this would be appreciated. :(

Advertisement