Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Repeat Exam thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Then I'd be inclined to think you'd take both SEP1 and SEP2 at Summer. I understand Elymra's point too but I wouldn't think they'd make those allowances for you when they know you sat the module previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

2. In the event of failing a repeat exam, what does it cost to repeat the year?

Yoink 2005/2006

Since you've passed one subject most you would have to do is 30 credits and if you pass individual modules it could be less.
    Also anyone here who has done repeat exams before in the past can feel free to share their experiences and let the rest of us know what to expect. :o

Just start studying now.... putting in 4-5 weeks of solid study is way better than spending 52 weeks repeating a year which is a total waste of your time.

You'll know what your department is like, if they're grand expect a fair paper if they're cold prepare for the possibility a screwfest (I got it last August). If one of the papers is bad, don't resign yourself to failing by giving up on the other papers (my big mistake).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

How are the repeats working?
    Do I just show up to the exams I'm repeating as timetabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

aggghhhhhh! why wont they put up the timetable, I need to know if I should bother buying a ticket to Faithless!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Buy one anyway. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll buy it from ya.
    You have my solemn word on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Best of luck in the repeats to everyone.They're not far out now.Hope you get a good paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

WHY CANT I GET THE FRIGGIN REPEAT TIMETABLE ANYWHERE????
    not on the website, they wont return my emails and they dont answer the poxy phones, this college is an aboslute shambles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

got a letter from the pony express there this morning, the repeat exam time table for first yr arts is going up on SIS on Fri......about feckin time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ferdi wrote:
    WHY CANT I GET THE FRIGGIN REPEAT TIMETABLE ANYWHERE????
    not on the website, they wont return my emails and they dont answer the poxy phones, this college is an aboslute shambles!!!

It took me 20 seconds and 4 clicks to find them! :D

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/timetables/aut2005.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

cheers bud, no one in ucd exams office could find them either so i dont blame myself totally...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Well the engineers are nearly expected to have to do a few repeats with the amount of exams they have to get through! Best of luck in those repeats everyone. :o

Advertisement