Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky digital interfering with eircom broadband!!

• 06-07-2006 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey all,
    I have broadband set up since last november but since lastnight my DSL signal has been dropping alot. Did a bit of calling around today and eircom told me the signal im receiving is fine and that because I have Sky digital that theyll have to send an engineer to reconfigure it for me. Firstly the house has had Digital since last august and hasent given me any trouble so why is sky digital interfering only now. Just to give you more input..both sky boxs are filtered , as is the phone and broadband sockets. I had to remove the phone lines from the sky boxes to send this post.

Has anyone come across this before and found a solution? your input would be much welcomed.

Regards
    mr.snrub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

My guess is that your filter connecting your Sky boxez is kaput!

Cancel that technician right now as eircom will charge you handsomely for their time and borrow someones elses filter as its clear that once the Sky boxes are disconnected all is fine.

I have that Sky multiroom thing here with 2 Sky boxes, the phone and the DSL coming from a single point using 2 double adapters and the original splitter/filter....all works fine.

In short it MUST be the filter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

hey, just realised that I have no filter on my sky box and its been like that for two years with no effect on B/Band

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

slave1 wrote:
    hey, just realised that I have no filter on my sky box and its been like that for two years with no effect on B/Band

I would strongly suggest putting a filter on the sky and any other telephony devices you have that are unfiltered using the same line...doesn't matter if its worked before it could still save you a headache in a few months :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Cancel the engineer and disconnect the digiboxes from the phoneline. Job done. If you want to do a bit of troubleshooting, disconnect then one at a time to see which is causing the problem. It's most likely a dodgy filter or one of the boxes has a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

Hey all,
    Thanks for all your input on my problem. Turns out it was a duff filter on the sky box that was causing the dsl signal to drop. Cheers again for your help!

Regards
    Brian.

• Advertisement
Advertisement