Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lacoste polo shirts

• 06-07-2006 3:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Chav or class. I love my lacoste polo's, the plain original ones. Thing is I never really see to many shams wearing that type. Its usually the stripey, poka dotted eye popping multi coloured designs I see them wearing. So what do people think of them?

Lacoste plain original polo shirts are......... 59 votes

Chav
    0% 0 votes
    Class
    33% 20 votes
    Polo shirts are rank and should only be worn by people on a golf course over the age of 40
    47% 28 votes
    Atari jaguar
    18% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, I've never seen anyone wearing them in Ireland. Plain polos can be nice; stripey ones for some reason are not imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

The plain ones remind me of old golfing men

Stripey ones are nice - bit chav but nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i prefer Ralph but lacoste are nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

I have (womens) 1 lacoste plain polo and a couple of Gant & Tommy Hilfiger plain & stripey polo's. I like both plain and stripey ones. Expensive enough.

I find the Gant ones last the longest in terms of washing. They hold their colour brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Plain - Nice! Stripey - Chavness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not a fan of polo shirts at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Hate polo shirts myself. Incredibly chav!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Don't like stripy ones. I've gathered quite a collection of polo tops. I find that Ralph Lauren ones are a bit of a funny shape. Abercrombie and Voodoo Dolls make lovely shaped ones. River Island do more unique, fashionable ones. I love them because they're not uncomfortable to wear and aren't plain. The collar just adds a look of effort compared to a normal t-shirt imo. I saw a gorgeous Lacoste one actually. It was plain white and had the crocodile printed all over in pink. Wish I'd bought it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Lacoste is becoming a chav/skanger brand - slowly but surely..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I like the plain ones, have one wine and one navy that i got last year in NY. They go with everything. So handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Lexie wrote:
    I have (womens) 1 lacoste plain polo and a couple of Gant & Tommy Hilfiger plain & stripey polo's. I like both plain and stripey ones. Expensive enough.

I find the Gant ones last the longest in terms of washing. They hold their colour brilliantly.

i like Gant but find the small in quite big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I find the Lacoste ones a bit too chavtastic but the Ralph Lauren ones are perfect.
    Ralph ones suit a V-Shaped body very well whereas a Tommy Hilfiger one looks a bit flouncy around the mid-riff.
    I'm also not a huge fan of stripes but there are some very nice striped two-tone polo shirts out at the moment. Just avoid the multi-coloured ones with dashes of pink and lime and what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

i voted class but depends on what else your wearing with it... like if its fred perry tracksuit bottoms and some air max u can fcuk off :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

DAEDULUS wrote:
    i voted class but depends on what else your wearing with it... like if its fred perry tracksuit bottoms and some air max u can fcuk off :p

I agree 100%. I think they can be any one of the three options I gave depending on how you wear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

From a man who own about 25 plane Lacoste Polo's - one will definitely have to say Class, the scangers don't wear the plane ones and to compare them to Ralph Lauren is just an insult, Lacoste polo's are timeless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Umaro wrote:
    Lacoste is becoming a chav/skanger brand - slowly but surely..

Lacoste has been a skanger brand for a long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Polo shirts (Lacoste or otherwise) are only worn by scangers and chino-wearing D4 types, collar up of course ;)

Not class, either scummy or incredibly pretentious in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

I think they're great. It totally depends on what else you're wearing and what you look like. They can be stuck up, normal, chavish. I just bought a plain navy Paul Smith one and it's great. I dare anyone to see me and say I look like a chav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Trotter wrote:
    Plain - Nice! Stripey - Chavness.

I agree 100% I do like the plain ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd be one to say that it's the person wearing them rather than the shirt itself that determines the D4'ness or the scumbaggyness (i refuse to call them the C word, we are english enough as it is :p).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Some stripey ones can be tasteful, i like both stripes and plain myself. I didnt vote because it depends on the context as its been pointed out before. They're not knackery with a nice pair of jeans or chinos. I find that Hilfiger polos fit me better though, the lacoste ones always seem too loose for some reason. Is it just me or are River Island mens gone a bit bent this summer everythings lime or pink or canary yellow or baby blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Cremo wrote:
    i'd be one to say that it's the person wearing them rather than the shirt itself that determines the D4'ness or the scumbaggyness (i refuse to call them the C word, we are english enough as it is :p).
    Well those disgusting stripey fred perry jumpers are just knacker regardless of the person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well yeh, fred perry is an exception...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Timeless classic, no matter what people say. Some of the more recent ones don't wash as well though, think it's Indonesia where they're made or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Bateman wrote:
    Timeless classic, no matter what people say. Some of the more recent ones don't wash as well though, think it's Indonesia where they're made or something.

Listen to the man. His usernames Bateman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I think they're nice, the plain ones. I don't think they look chavvy at all. It depends on who's wearing them though I suppose.

Advertisement