Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bogadh go dti an Ghaeltacht: Comhairle le bhur thoil

Options
  • 06-07-2006 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Dia dhaoibh gach einne,

Ba mhaith liom bog go dti an Ghaeltacht chun an Ghaeilge a fhail ar a thoil agaim, agus taim ag smaoineamh dul go dti Rath Cairn b'fheidir, mar beidh me ag staideir in Ollscoil Baile Atha Cliath sa Mhean Fomhair.

An bhfuil comhairle ag aon duine? I'm very rusty at the moment and am nervous about doing this!

Go raibh maith agaibh :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Move? As in permanently, or just for college term? Buying or renting etc. A bit more info would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Hi Gael and Sean Mac. I'm doing a research masters in UCD and don't need to be based near the uni, but need to be close enough so that I can get there easily enough. So I thought Rath Cairn would be a good spot as I want to get as fluent as I can get in Irish too. And it'll be from end of September to next summer, so a year almost!

Yeah I was just wondering if anyone had any advice re. renting a house/apartment, info on public transport (I won't have my own car until december) in general, is it private coach, etc. and if there's a possibility of getting a part time job in the area? Also would anyone know if there are in general people like me in the area that want to get fluent, as in any conversation classes, etc. ?

Advertisement