Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service for new car

Options
  • 06-07-2006 8:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, I bought a new car recently from a dealer other than my local dealer. My question is does it make much difference where i get the car serviced ie local dealer or where i bought the car and would this have any affect on when i look to trade again in the future. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Assuming both dealers are franchised (ie you bought a VW from a VW dealer other than your local VW dealer), it will make no difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

If you're planning on buying another new car from that dealer in a couple of years time, it can be worthwhile to keep the car at that dealership for servicing as you can build up loyalty with the dealer and you can get a better deal on your next car.

That can be worth more than the few quid difference in the price of the service. Although you could shop around and tell them that another dealer has offered to do it for €X.

Advertisement