Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy wall and floor tiles?

Options
  • 06-07-2006 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking into buying some floor and wall tiles for a hall, bathroom , kitchen, ensuite, main bathroom and toilet. Overall it is about 100m sq so it is goign to be an expensive job. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy tiles in Dublin or the northeast?

Thanks,

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Tiles seem to be crazy expensive in Dublin, half the price down this way or in the North. I recommend shopping around as the prices vary hugely for basically the same thing. Also, adhesive is very expensive, people get quotes for tiles but often never ask how much the adhesive is per bag, tile shops very often have a larger markup on the adhesive than on the tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

I agree with the poster above- trying outside Dublin could reap benefits.

We ended up buying tiles in Dublin, and were around most of the places in the north city. I found tilestyle by the Point hard to beat for the range of tiles on offer. They ARE expensive though. We were lucky to get our bathroom tiles in there half price sale.

tilesavers- which is now BTW or something, also tend to have sales every three months or so and have a pretty extensive range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

I got all my tiles recently from Doramics in Santry in the industrial est behind the AIB bank .My Tiler recommended them to me as he gets all his stuff there
    prices seemed to be good and he reckons the tile quality is top notch but i didnt do too much shopping around .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

try right price tiles 2 years ago i got my kitchen (floor and counter top) hall, two toilets for under 1K. they are in blanch near power city, also onj the Naas road and always seem to have some sort of sale on. They are very reasonable. ( if they dont have a sale on wait for a week or so, its worth it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭qazxsw

was on way up to dublin to get tiles in xmas / january sales this year and never got past newbridge...

will dig out the name of the palce for you over the w/e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

DONT buy your tiles at cost in Dublin.
    I travelled up to Dundalk & went to Right Price Tiles when they had a 50% off sale on (happens every 3 months). I tiled our 3 bathrooms, kitchen, hall floor & utility for about 2k cheaper than Dublin prices. Also went next door to Carpetright & got 60% off carpet for bedrooms ;)

Advertisement