Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka trigger setting

Options
  • 06-07-2006 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Ok as a lot of people here have tikka rifles I want to ask you something

Do you use the standard single stage trigger setting or do you push the trigger forward in the set position???

If you use the single stage setting have you adjusted the trigger weight?

I brought mine out and fired 4 rounds through it last night and i know its going to be an excellent rifle for the foxes. Just found the single stage trigger pull very heavy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

I know nothing of what you speak of, however any chance we could get a look at that fine piece of kit you waited sooooooooooooo long for????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I should really post a pic of all my gear actually as soon as i manage to get a pic of it, my babies will be up here

again though anyone using the standard 3lb trigger pull or have they reduced it to 2lbs

seriously no takers on the trigger set up for their tikka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 slugster

Sorry Bud , I havent picked mine up as yet. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭marlin

hi vegeta
    got a t3 lite .223,single stage trigger only and about 3.5 lbs factory setting,I took it down to just under 2lbs which I like for a hunting rifle,tikka make a nice easily adjustable unit and it breaks clean with no creep.I had a marlin vs17 and like most american guns the trigger pull was very high,over 5 lbs,and I could not get it below 4 so I got a replacement unit from rifle basix which could go to 14 ozs I set it at 2 lbs,felt a bit scary out lamping with a 14oz trigger.
    rifle basix actually have some units which they sell for target shooting and varmint shooting from a rest which can go to 2 ozs.
    best not to cough or sneeze with one of them on your gun :)

• Advertisement

Hi Marlin,

I haven't set the trigger myself yet but i would definitely like to bring it down to 2lbs as i am used to my air rifle which has abeautiful 2 stage trigger.

I have read the instructions fully and know it involves an alan key but how do i test the weight i have set it to. where can i buy the piece of kit.

Vegeta wrote:
    Hi Marlin,

I haven't set the trigger myself yet but i would definitely like to bring it down to 2lbs as i am used to my air rifle which has abeautiful 2 stage trigger.

I have read the instructions fully and know it involves an alan key but how do i test the weight i have set it to. where can i buy the piece of kit.

2 lb, lbs = 907.184 74 gram

http://store.pasco.com/pascostore/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&Product_ID=53567&CATID=53&Detail=1

Right given the above conversion

The link above is for a newton pressure pull scale, it has grams/newtons on it. You can get them in pounds specific and im sure you could find one in ireland from a science equipment store.

Any decent gunsmith should have one

There is a 10N scale which goes to 1000grams, if you only want it for the specific purpose of a 2lb trigger pull it might suit your needs more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

And the cheaper alternative:
    A string, a bag of sugar/sand and a weighing scales :D

i feel like screaming, just looked at my tikka right and the 2.5mm alan screw to adjust trigger weight is not where the manual says!!!!!!!!

its meant to be visible and adjustable when the magazine is taken out.

What the hell is the deal with that. i am pretty pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭marlin

I use a small spring balance to test trigger pull (o-4lbs range) seems accurate and registers very small adjustments.
    I remove the action from the stock when adjusting trigger makes it easier to see everything and also much better for using the spring balance (no stock or trigger guard in the way)

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote:
    i feel like screaming, just looked at my tikka right and the 2.5mm alan screw to adjust trigger weight is not where the manual says!!!!!!!!

its meant to be visible and adjustable when the magazine is taken out.

What the hell is the deal with that. i am pretty pissed

anyone know what i can do now that the trigger is not adjustable as easily as the manual says????

Vegeta wrote:
    anyone know what i can do now that the trigger is not adjustable as easily as the manual says????

Gunsmith????

newby.204 wrote:
    Gunsmith????

some update info for you.

I have come to the conclusion that the stock has to be seperated from the rifle before i can adjust the trigger weight. Now i think the manual is written poorly as it lead me to believe the trigger was adjustable by just removing the magazine but thats old news

So i removed the two screws holding the action to the stock and the stock aint movin. Any one got any tips about removing the stock from the action if they are a very very good fit and snug.

Newby i would get a gunsmith but they are few and far between donw here. It isn't work that would warrant a gunsmith really anyway. If the manual was write i would have gotten it in one go.

so anyone know how to remove the stock from a tikka rifle????

When i was making an adjustment on my old beretta it was suggested to me to go to a gunsmith, i however was rather reluctant got the job done and it worked out!!!

Id feel the same as you Vegeta, the manual says you can adjust it, and for the money, and the hardship you had to get it, you would like to do it yourself

newby.204 wrote:
    When i was making an adjustmnet on my old beretta it was suggested to me to go to a gunsmith, i however was rather reluctant got the job done and it worked out!!!

Id feel the same as you Vegeta, the manual says you can adjust it, and for the money, and the hardship you had to get it, you would like to do it yourself

exactly

its like having to bring a car to the garage to get the tire changed, it would be much easier if i could do this type of work myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I adjusted the trigger weight on mine without removing the action from the stock. I took out the 2 screws that are either side of the trigger guard, removed the guard and mag well and adjusted it no probs.

Rew wrote:
    I adjusted the trigger weight on mine without removing the action from the stock. I took out the 2 screws that are either side of the trigger guard, removed the guard and mag well and adjusted it no probs.

thank you i will go and try that and get back to you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Male sure your tolls fit well or u will damage the screws.

Rew you are my hero,

I just got it set sweetly to 2lbs there. Yeah it was just a case of removing the trigger guard rather than the whole stock

Now there is a crisp clean trigger pull. When it was 3.5lbs i was squeezing the trigger but didn't really know when it would fire. Its much more natural now and I'm confident with it

Thanks Rew

Vegeta wrote:
    Rew you are my hero,

I just got it set sweetly to 2lbs there. Yeah it was just a case of removing the trigger guard rather than the whole stock

Now there is a crisp clean trigger pull. When it was 3.5lbs i was squeezing the trigger but didn't really know when it would fire. Its much more natural now and I'm confident with it

Thanks Rew

Congrats , let us know how it handles after you fire it next!!!
    And obviously if there is a few less madra ruas to worry about

• Advertisement

newby.204 wrote:
    Congrats , let us know how it handles after you fire it next!!!
    And obviously if there is a few less madra ruas to worry about

I am in the progress of getting a nice little digi camera for takin pictures of my shooting exploits, there will definitely be pics soon

Vegeta wrote:
    I am in the progress of getting a nice little digi camera for takin pictures of my shooting exploits, there will definitely be pics soon

Good looking forward to seeing them Veg, i must get one myself im fed up not having the proof for my kill when im talking about it to others!!

newby.204 wrote:
    Good looking forward to seeing them Veg, i must get one myself im fed up not having the proof for my kill when im talking about it to others!!

I know what you mean. When i went test firing the rifle i saw a female fallow deer trotting along the road and a hare was sitting in the grass a few feet away. It would have been really nice to get some pics of them.

Got bitten alive by those little midge flie thingys, would have post up pics of the number of bites on my arm as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skpeterson

Vegeta wrote: »
    some update info for you.

I have come to the conclusion that the stock has to be seperated from the rifle before i can adjust the trigger weight. Now i think the manual is written poorly as it lead me to believe the trigger was adjustable by just removing the magazine but thats old news

So i removed the two screws holding the action to the stock and the stock aint movin. Any one got any tips about removing the stock from the action if they are a very very good fit and snug.

Newby i would get a gunsmith but they are few and far between donw here. It isn't work that would warrant a gunsmith really anyway. If the manual was write i would have gotten it in one go.

so anyone know how to remove the stock from a tikka rifle????

Not entirely certain you're ready for this, but, it's legal to let you know... so here goes - with a free-floated barrel (all Tikka's are free-floated) a gentle squeeze at the fore end of the stock... right where the stock ends and you have only barrel... squeeze both the stock and barrel together - it wil unseat the barrel and permit removal. Do this ONLY AFTER removing the two screws near the trigger guard. In your case a gunsmith might be a reasonable consideration...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Thread is from 2006.

So young and naive :o

Wow I have this rifle 4 years, makes me want something new and shiny

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mayfly36

ive a tikka te lite, and is set between 11/2 and 2lbs. I used a set off fishing scales to set, spot on now now heavy and def not light. What tikka rifle are you looking to set.?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

anyone know how to do it on the cz 527, i have been meaning to have a go but dont want to f**k it up

Advertisement