Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned

Options
  • 06-07-2006 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Can you find out why people have been banned ? I was looking to buy something of a user in adverts.ie and was suspicious of them as they PM'd me for off thread dealing.

Username : Mel00
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

Mel was banned for being a tout it seems.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Did you PM the Mod of that forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Where's ecksor anyway? Gordon is running away with the title.

And he deserves it for:
    Gordon wrote:
    Where to start with you.. Firstly you have threatened a mod for banning you (when he didn't ban you), secondly you are JANER who was banned for threatening another user. And thirdly, you're an ugly kid with red hair. Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Macros42 wrote:
    And he deserves it for:
    Aye. Ban all gingers. They're going to cause trouble,at one point or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Karoma wrote:
    Aye. Ban all gingers. They're going to cause trouble,at one point or another.

You're barred.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Anyone banned for touting in the last two weeks was probably banned for inflated Oxegen ticket prices. Most of them are two week temp bans.

I wasn't particularily wordy with the ban descriptions as I was putting an awful lot through.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Macros42 wrote:
    Where's ecksor anyway? Gordon is running away with the title.

Well, actually, my site bans are mostly not listed there due to many of them being done by methods that don't make it into that list. The vast majority of unattributed bans are mine with DeVore probably having contributed significantly to that list. Serial spammers were often dealt with by my scripts for example.

Having said that, ban count like post count isn't something that anyone should be proud of or ashamed of. Each ban has to stand on its own merits in much the same way that each post should be made for reasons other than increasing ones postcount.

ecksor wrote:

Having said that, ban count like post count isn't something that anyone should be proud of or ashamed of. Each ban has to stand on its own merits in much the same way that each post should be made for reasons other than increasing ones postcount.

But you love kicking ass, right? ;)

Yes, wasting one's day dealing with spammers, muppets and crooks is all I live for. That's why I've banned about 10 people in the last month.

ecksor wrote:
    Yes, wasting one's day dealing with spammers, muppets and crooks is all I live for.

dirty_harry.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

I much prefer Puppy Shotgun:

image.php?u=1163&dateline=1116856046&type=profile

Nice beard! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don't listen to ecksor, he's just a sore loser..

Advertisement