Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

locked threads

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

tintinr35 wrote:
    this is REALLY off topic im locking it and if any of you drag a thread this much off topic again im banning you!!!

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

link?

found it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054919187

how was that off topic at all??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That seemed like a good thread to me...Dodgy locking.
    He reopened two, should have been more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

seems overzealous to me.

not as if the forum has threads coming out of its ears and cloggin up the 'good' htreads from the 'not so good thread'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

seems overzealous to me.

not as if the forum has threads coming out of its ears and cloggin up the 'good' htreads from the 'not so good thread'.
    Not only that, this is coming from the guy who said the sex & sexuality forum was over-moderated by 'trigger-happy' mods, and questioned the need for 3 mods there, when the infinitly quieter Art Appreciation also has 3. El-Oh-El.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I was on last night when he was doing this, I thought you must have been drunk man.

Or locked perhaps? *Boom* *Tish*

Anyway, back to serious face, of all the threads on the front page, I don't think any of them should be locked. It would be wise to unlock them I reckon.

I mean the one where you close the thread with a one word reply "Google" is seriously rude. Fair enough if it's a busy forum where you have people asking the same stupid questions over and over, but on a quiet forum, you don't want to scare off people who might start by asking little trivial questions before getting settled in and contributing more to the discussoins.

Hmmm slight problem. Mod has gone on holidays I think.
    Cat Mod to unlock or there is a second mod who I dunno if they active or not anymore?

Hmmm slight problem. Mod has gone on holidays I think.
    Cat Mod to unlock or there is a second mod who I dunno if they active or not anymore?

Yeah, his location states NY...

Hmmmm.
    Is this actually him.
    Cause here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054930579
    He said he was going away for the summer.
    Have we an imposter?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, he obviously pops on now and again and also it makes the time he was posting, some time around 7am here, make more sense.

Ah ha. I didnt think of that.
    What does the othr mod on the forum feel about this has anyone contacted her?

Ah ha. I didnt think of that.
    What does the othr mod on the forum feel about this has anyone contacted her?

snickerpuss: Last Activity: 03-07-2006 12:01
    Lolth: Last Activity: Today 17:30

Lolth's the Cat Mod, not sure if anyone has brought the thread to his/her attention yet.

Well at this stage I think he should be made aware of it.
    A lotta people very pissed about whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I just got back from cork today, I had left those threads open as i didn't have a problem with them, i've messaged tintin_35r about the closure of threads.
    I didn't think anything much would have happened while i left since there isnt much traffic and i'd left a thing in the mod forum asking if someone could have a look in etc.
    I'll wait for him to message back and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

thats good to hear.

i didnt even know there was an art apprecaition forum til i read this.

feedback forum is an eye opener sometimes :)

by the way, does that mean we can post picture of nudie rubinesc ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

As long as you appreciate them! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i was gonna make that exact same comment earlier...but i dont like corn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ok i have reopened all but one after the coments both here and in the mods forum, although i still think that i was justified in my actions, the threads were going no where and one had gone totally off topic from the original post!
    the tyranny of the majority wins.........this time!!!

• Advertisement

tintinr35 wrote:
    , although i still think that i was justified in my actions, the threads were going no where and one had gone totally off topic from the original post!

out of curiosity, why do you feel these should be lockable offences on the forum?
    tintinr35 wrote:
    the tyranny of the majority wins.........this time!!!

hmmmm.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

At least the tyranny of moronity isn't winning rolleyes.gif.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

tintinr35 wrote:
    although i still think that i was justified in my actions, the threads were going no where and one had gone totally off topic from the original post!

i'm going to ban all of yew!!

etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Yes, tintinr35, I'd also like to know why you think the closures are still justified.

People themselves decide if a thread is going nowhere, mods step in when they go off-topic and to police abuse.

Thanks for unlocking them, but you sound a little unwilling to change the way you moderate. I hope this isn't the case, but people being afraid of wasting their energies because a mod might just crazily shut down the thread may very well kill the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

hmmmm.

that was just a little machiavelli there not meant in a serious way!!

after all this maybe i do need some PR lessons!!

Advertisement