Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hard Shoulders

Options
  • 06-07-2006 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I have to ask.. Where do I get the sticker for my car that allows me to drive in the hard shoulder like its my own personal road? :mad:

Every morning I see this. I almost got smacked by one that felt he had to suddenly swerve in front of me and slam on his breaks (so as not to hit the truck I was a safe braking distance from).

Seriously, they should just put a gardai hidden somewhere and you would removed a large number of idiots off the road.

Oh and I am not talking about people moving to the hard shoulder to let you overtake, or trying to get to an exit where traffic stopped. Those that are driving in the lane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

As far as I can tell, most of our Gardaí are hidden somewhere! What happened to the big "Ticket every 10 mins" blitz that was talked about for July?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

milltown wrote:
    As far as I can tell, most of our Gardaí are hidden somewhere! What happened to the big "Ticket every 10 mins" blitz that was talked about for July?
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/speeding.asp

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

When I see them I usually pull ever so slightly over to the left well in advance so they are stuck behind me driving at the same speed as the rest of the legal traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I see a wine-red Fiesta (previous shape) most mornings on the M50 at around 0800 running the hardshoulder where the Tallaght slip joins going south. He continues over the chevrons then, and mingles with the traffic that's on the slip road joining the M50.

Tempted to throw an apple-core or something out the window at him "oops - didn't see you there" but no doubt I'd get done for littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I've heard that a piece of the white ceramic that surrounds a spark plug can put a crack in a windscreen when flicked at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

most mornings on the m4 there are usually 3-4 gardai out on bikes driving up and down the hard shoulders giving out tickets to drives. I have seen a number of people pulled on my way to work, always delighted for them :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

But the problem with the gardai pulling drivers over for this is that it can encourage tailbacks - see it frequently on the M50

Advertisement