Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax/management company F*CK up, what should I do?

Options
  • 06-07-2006 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I started as a contractor last month and am using a management company to do my tax and invoicing.

I faxed them my timesheet on Monday morning (Monday afternoon being the deadline - my boss wasn't in on the Friday so I couldn't get it signed off til Monday).

I have a delivery confirmation report showing it sent successfully, and I emailed the customer service guy to let him know i'd sent it.

Earlier today, someone from that company rang asking why I haven't sent my timesheet in!

She said I will have to wait until NEXT FRIDAY to get paid. I've sent an email complaining and i refaxed the timesheet and the confirmation report.

Has anyone had this experience before or do you know what my rights are here? I was supposed to be paying a deposit on a flat tomorrow and now i'm going to lose it because of this persons incompetence.

They've replied now and said they didn't receive any fax (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A CONFIRMATION REPORT???) and it's not their fault I won't be paid.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eth0_ wrote:
    They've replied now and said they didn't receive any fax (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A CONFIRMATION REPORT???) and it's not their fault I won't be paid.

I thought you had PROOF .

USE IT or chuck them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I *have* used it. I sent them a copy of the confirmation report but they still deny receiving it and still won't pay me until next Friday, they said it's not the fault of any member of their staff that I won't be paid. Hello?

Can anyone recommend another umbrella company because this company (who's name starts and ends with 'c') are fscking useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

eth0_ wrote:
    I started as a contractor last month and am using a management company to do my tax and invoicing.

I faxed them my timesheet on Monday morning (Monday afternoon being the deadline - my boss wasn't in on the Friday so I couldn't get it signed off til Monday).

I have a delivery confirmation report showing it sent successfully, and I emailed the customer service guy to let him know i'd sent it.

Earlier today, someone from that company rang asking why I haven't sent my timesheet in!

She said I will have to wait until NEXT FRIDAY to get paid. I've sent an email complaining and i refaxed the timesheet and the confirmation report.

Has anyone had this experience before or do you know what my rights are here? I was supposed to be paying a deposit on a flat tomorrow and now i'm going to lose it because of this persons incompetence.

Exact same thing happened to me back with my old company. Had to fax in a timesheet.
    Confirmed the timesheet as being sent on a Friday morning. Friday evening was my deadline for getting paid.
    Next TUESDAY, i get a call saying the timesheet was never faxed in. Seeing as it took them so long to contact me it didn't even matter that i had the confirmation. The payroll deadline was missed and i had to wait until the enxt week to be paid because they messed up.
    This happened a few more times and the only thing i could do was ring them directly after i faxed it to make sure they were receiving it. Funnily enough, the timesheets stopped going missing after i started doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I used a company called OSK. They are very good and charge a fixed fee. One thing though, they do not invoice for you. I had to invoice the agency myself. That is no problem though, I got a really nice excell template invoice that works out all the VAT and everything.

I invoiced fortnightly and it took me about 10 minutes. If you want the template send me a PM with your email address and I will send it.

MrP

Advertisement