Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL connection problem Lucan

• 06-07-2006 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else having problems with their NTL connection in Lucan. My cable modem appears to be connected and synced but doesn't appear to be giving out an ip address to my router. Tried power cycle and direction to my laptop all to no avail.
    :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

A bit of work going on in the area in and around cherbury.....

You near ? Im told should not be too long

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

I've had similar issues with my Linksys router dropping connection
    Usually have to hard reset the router and modem to get it back online
    NTL support were no help, just measured the connection sig
    Hasnt been happening as much lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

paulyx wrote:
    A bit of work going on in the area in and around cherbury.....

You near ? Im told should not be too long

don't even know where that is. I'll wait unitl I get home to ring them as I'm sure the first question will be are you near the computer? - no but I'm 100% certain that the cable modem is not issuing the ip address to either the router of my laptop if it is plugged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

don't even know where that is. I'll wait unitl I get home to ring them as I'm sure the first question will be are you near the computer? - no but I'm 100% certain that the cable modem is not issuing the ip address to either the router of my laptop if it is plugged in.

the modem doesn't issue an ip address anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Ok to be accurate then the modem passes the ip address to the router. It wasn't doing that. Back working again before I had a chance to ring support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement