Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sattelite broadband

• 06-07-2006 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey, I know a guy in a very rural part of the country and he can't recieve broadband where he is.
    The local school has the sattelite broadband thingy and I was just wondering if anyone knew if he would be able to benefit from this i.e. recieve it too

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The schools may not share these with their neighbours so do not say where the school is .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Sponge Bob wrote:
    The schools may not share these with their neighbours so do not say where the school is .
    By "may not" I presume you mean "are not allowed to", rather than "might not".

If the school can get satellite, then so can the "guy in a very rural part of the country". But he probably wouldn't thank you for the suggestion after using it for a while.

If he lives anywhere near the red bits on this map, then this thread might be of interest.

'not allowed to'

A spike in traffic of an evening in July when the school is closed could give the game away , non ??

even the orange bits on that map may be of interest.

oh and new map

http://62.17.23.101:8080/liteview6.5/servlet/MapGuideLiteView?REQUEST=MAP&WIDTH=1696&HEIGHT=1696&FORMAT=PNG&LAYERS=VodafoneCoverCombo.mwf&BBOX=-50000,0,450000,500000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 murrayj

You should check out this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054950617

shortys94 who started the thread is trying to shift some satellite gear, as he is moving to eircom Wireless Broadband. However, you should note that the reason he is moving is because Satellite was very expensive. Perhaps you should check if eircom FWA is in your area first?

murrayj wrote:
    Perhaps you should check if eircom FWA is in your area first?

And you forget to say it costs €700 install and where to order o eircom muppet !

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

murrayj wrote:
    shortys94 who started the thread is trying to shift some satellite gear, as he is moving to eircom Wireless Broadband.
    He's thinking of moving to wireless broadband; he hasn't committed to a provider as yet.

You're not very good at this getting your facts straight thing, are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea Im just finding out the best option right now, I am not selling anything.... yet.

shortys94 wrote:
    Yea Im just finding out the best option right now, I am not selling anything.... yet.

murrayj will pester you until you tell him you are buying from eircom, then he'll leave you alone whatever you do :p

yea well hopefully I wont have to go down the eircom route

shortys94 wrote:
    yea well hopefully

oh lord shorty dont say that to him pleasssssee , for me , edit it !

• Advertisement

youre not serious? what does he work for them? :P

Advertisement