Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you smokings bítch?

Options
  • 06-07-2006 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

After my previous failed quitting attempts, I'm almost completely resigned to the fact that ciggs control me and are my master.
    I serve only the ciggs. :D:( :eek:

The logic in me says I can quit when ever I want, that I am in 100% control... I buy them, I light them, I smoke them... I have the choice.
    But the anecdotal evidence says otherwise.

What're you like?

Smoking is my evil overlord... I do only what the smokes command. 11 votes

I can quit any time I want.
    0% 0 votes
    Meh
    54% 6 votes
    Travel 10 miles to the shop at 5 in the morning? SOUNDS GREAT!
    45% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I do fool myself into thinking I can give up any time but really I have no desire to stop. I just wonder are all those surveys right when they ask smokers do they want to quit and a huge % say yes. I think this is just a vague aspiration that some time in the future they would like to quit.

So I am smoking's bitch and I'm happy to remain that way!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

As of yet, I've never even tried to give them up.
    I think you have to mentally hate smoking, I don't, I enjoy my smoke.
    The day I stop enjoying them is the day I'll give up.
    Doubt it will be easy though, I'm not silly enough to think that it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ive been off the fags nearly a week for the first time in 10 years. Im very happy with myself

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was off them for about 5 years! But I'm back smoking again for the past few years. Damn going beering with smoking mates! :)

I'd like to give them up again, for health and financial reasons, but I'm not sure I really want to.

/me shrugs

Advertisement