Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic conversion - rough estimate

Options
  • 06-07-2006 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have a rough idea of the cost involved in converting the attic of a standard 3 bed semi including say, two velux windows, a staircase up to the new room, electrics and relocating the existing water tanks in the attic.

I'm just looking for a guide price, maybe from someone who has done a similar job recently.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 pinks

i havent got this done but heard it is approx €16,000 for a basic conversion. This is from a guy based in dublin

Does anyone here have a rough idea of the cost involved in converting the attic of a standard 3 bed semi including say, two velux windows, a staircase up to the new room, electrics and relocating the existing water tanks in the attic.

I'm just looking for a guide price, maybe from someone who has done a similar job recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I had a guy in recently who quoted me 16-18k for an attic with a standard roof. If you have a hipped roof like most newer houses have it adds about 5k to the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Hmm, more than I was expecting TBH. I don't really need to get it done so it's not a problem, I was thinking more along the lines of the value it would add to the house. Given those estimates, I don't think it would be worth doing.

Thanks for the info lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

I was on 2 roof conversions recently, and both were 10,000 each.

One included proper manufactured stair case, full attic conversion joinery with 2 rooms, doors, casings etc, mini landing, relocating tanks, plumbing for new rads, on-suite in one room, 2 velux windows, wiring, plastering, painting, skip for removing waste.

It was expertly done and I thought it was certainly low price, the other one had all this but one room, spurious stira stairs, cladding instead of plaster and extra for skip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Hi Pocari,

On the lookout for someone to do a conversion on a detatched bungalow...

PM me your details if you are interested in having a look...

• Advertisement
Advertisement