Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Live

Options
  • 06-07-2006 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Just wondering do any of you watch much of Big Brother Live. I don't watch too much of it mostly because I don't have the time or the stupid soundover thing comes on and you can't hear them. I try to always catch the highlights with the man with the Scottish accent (love his accent), BB Little Brother and BB Big Mouth. I also read the boards over on Channel 4's discussion forum where there are some really hardcore fans!!

And just one question did any of you ever catch something really good on the BB live that you probably saw before lots of others. I remember I was watching it live when Jade Goody got her "kebab" out. I was totally cringing for her.

Also can we keep this thread going for anyone who catches something interesting on live so they can post here and give us the latest gossip.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'd have it on while I'm cooking or cleaning or whatever just for something in the background but the sound dips make it quite irritating to sit and try to watch... Sometimes its good at night cause they can show the bad language and will only really turn off the sound if theres a big fight or something dodgy that they might want to censor or keep for the highlight show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i only watch it live when its at night so the sound dips are less then day time tv before the water shed.

when you have a housemate with tourettes all you can hear all day is the birds singing or the planes overhead.

i also like to watch it live when the winner leaves and nobody is in the house. its like a little trip down memory lane for a few moments. Reminiscing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I used to see a lot more of the live show as I used to work late from home, the background hum used to keep me occupied. This year I’ve seen bits and pieces, mainly if I’m reading at night and I leave it on…

Course it also means that I usually have opinions about people that conflict with others, because I quite often see a different side to the characters compared to whats shown in the nightly show.

Two examples I can name are Sam from last year and Jason from the year before.

Sam wasn’t suitable to BB, she was too quiet and a bit dull. She didn’t really come off well in the highlights show. But on the few occasions I had the live feed on I saw a completely different person. She seemed quite sweet. I remember her cheering Science up on one of the occasions he got really down. Course that side was rarely shown, which I think was a pity.

Jason I always felt got a bad deal. He was a bit of a plonker, but he was funny and seemed to have the patience of a saint. I saw a few of the really huge rows live. The really big one, the night that the two were brought back into the house, was really scary. Another row I saw changed my view on Nadia completely. She and her gang spent the guts of a half hour loudly insulting and winding Jason up within earshot. He ignored them as best he could, even asked them politely to stop, but eventually he cracked and a row ensued. To me it really showed who the “bully” of the house was. The nightly program didn’t show this of course. All that was seen was Jason shouting and roaring, none of the abuse that took place previous to that. Another pity…

BB is a money making machine. They want “goodies” and “baddies”. They want people to spend money on voting. In order to get this they really do stereotype their highlight broadcast. Which IMHO is the biggest pity of all because a more “neutral” show might be far more interesting…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

seen it live during fight night on BB5. also watched cidergate last year live. but that happened at about 10 o clock at night and was over the net and not on E4. I didnt bother subscribing to the full series this year as I felt a little cheated by it last year with all the sound dips. they have been worse this year.

Now it does just be on in the background, by the time E4 joins it this year most of them are in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Glyns boney arse...changing in the shower, nuff said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement