Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD/DVD Storage?

• 06-07-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations for some kind of CD/DVD storage unit? I have about 500 CDs and 50 DVDs that I want to store neatly, and I'm open to suggestions.

Anything better than Argos?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

TmB wrote:
    Any recommendations for some kind of CD/DVD storage unit? I have about 500 CDs and 50 DVDs that I want to store neatly, and I'm open to suggestions.

Anything better than Argos?

Not being smart or anything, but a shelf is a very cheap, simple and elegant way of storing cd's.

you could even do something interesting like a series of shelves like:
    |_____________|
         |_____________|
              |_____________|

On my shelves, I think I get in or around 75-85 cd's per metre, with a couple of gaps etc.

The most efficient way of storing cd's for ease of access is vertically on their edge, not flat on the main side. Most units that I have looked at previously (and discounted) are the ones that have "rails" for the cd's. They simply dont work because what happens when you have 101 cd's - you need a whole new unit.

L.

Advertisement