Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist Tattoo - Ace of Spades

Options
  • 06-07-2006 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a poker player, and I really wanted an ace of spades tattoo on my wrist( a bit like worm, in the film rounders). I've been wanting it for almost a year, and I said if I still wanted it after a year, I'd get it done.

Now I've been reading up a little, and read that the wrist can be hard to get done as of the veins and thin ?

Just wondering if you guys could give me some advice or opinions.

Can I just take in a playing card and say thats what I want etc.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

should be a pretty basic tattoo, wrist tattoos are fairly popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

The design of the tattoo is pretty easy and any decent artist should have no problem replicating this. As for the area, thats fine too, I have an ECG line on my right wrist and although it is tender enough while getting done it doesn't pose any health risks with veins and the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

thanks for the help :)

yeh somthing like this, without the wording in the middle, and the actual middle ace bit lowered into center. And if the face is too hard to do, it could just be blacked out
    http://playing-cards.us/kem_arrow/images/sa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

CoD wrote:
    thanks for the help :)

yeh somthing like this, without the wording in the middle, and the actual middle ace bit lowered into center. And if the face is too hard to do, it could just be blacked out
    http://playing-cards.us/kem_arrow/images/sa.jpg

The only issue with the face would depend on how big you're going to get it. If it's too small most artists wouldn't attempt to do it because of how it will just smudge together in years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 evilclown

worm didnt have it on his wrist though?(gettin it done)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive a tattoo on my left wrist, its not too bad getting it done. Danny Bullman did mine in Limerick, he said i couldnt have picked a worse spot for my first one(pain wise) but i didnt think it was too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I found my wrist absolutely fine, and it was my first aswell. Just got a piece just below my elbow on the same arm, and thought it was worse, although still ok.

Advertisement