Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon Hand Thrower Lance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

Hay man, No i never used one of them but a sit down pull trap only cost 250 Euro! Iv used them and they work super, Well worth the cash,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 baikal

saw it before but never used one. I would think you would tire very quickly and clays would be no where near going in a consistant path. I bought a small portable clay pigeon thrower in barton smith in Sligo town for €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

ssl wrote:
    has any one ever used one of these, there very cheep, but are they a waste of money?
    As they don't cost much, they're good value for money.
    With a little bit of practice, they'll throw clays a good distance and in the direction intended.
    They're really only suitable for two person operation though (one throwing clays and the other shooting), as throwing clays for yourself to shoot is somewhat awkward. It can be done, just not terribly elegantly.

Also, as in the interests of safety the thrower will be somewhere behind the shooter out of the line of fire, make sure you have someone you trust doing the throwing.
    Shouting "Pull!" and having a clay pigeon smashed off the back of your head might be amusing for your 'friends', but I'd rather it didn't happen to me. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

[
    has any one ever used one of these, there very cheep, but are they a waste of money?
    kieran[/QUOTE]

Hi
    I use one of those all the time, they are very good, the model I use is the MTM, it comes in single, double and a long handled version, when you get used to them they are great fun.
    With practice you can trow clay 60yds with the single and 100yds with the long handled one, highly recomended.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I got a bird master double for 200 quid In Griffith Hawe. I did'nt buy the stand cos there a bit crap though. so i built my own frame much better job even though i do say so myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

I have the Hoppes version of this.If you are a left hooker it is a major pain in the you know what!Clays will go every which way but in the direction you want them to go.Better deal is somthing like a Hoppes clay trap or the like.
    But if anyone wants my hand thrower,it is going cheap.
    PM me for details.

Advertisement